New spawning place?

Turk oyuncularin bulusabilecegi, karakter disi tartisma forumu

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

SCUBA

New spawning place?

Postby SCUBA » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:28 pm

/SCUBA

-------------------------------------------------------

<Nick> I have enjoyed some of your forum posts which is rare.
Ceren

new spawning place

Postby Ceren » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:49 am

i am very happy where i am :)
i don't know about the others, though.
would like to know how they feel.
Childe Roland to the Dark Tower came
SCUBA

Postby SCUBA » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:42 pm

No characters should be moved, but new ones should end up in a new place, or atleast have the possibiliti to do so.
/SCUBA

Ceren

:)

Postby Ceren » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:27 am

I didn't mean that, anyway. My newborn characters are very happy, too. At least I am happy with where they were born.
Still want to know what the others think. Hope someone replies:):)
ebenezer

Postby ebenezer » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:24 am

That would mean that players would be more divided and considering the fact that we have about 8 active players or so, this would not be good for the turkish language group.
Liljum

Postby Liljum » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:14 pm

So, your happy with where you are now? Even if the history have made the turkish characters lifes kinda limited?
Ceren

Postby Ceren » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:12 pm

how many times do i have to repeat that i am happy?
yes, i am happy
yes, i am happy
yes i am happy with where my characters are born. and i do not feel limited at all.
is that enough for you to understand?
Liljum

Postby Liljum » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:36 pm

Yes i understand you. But we only tries to discuss the posibility to relocate stuff so things get more fun for the players. I as a player wish us all to have fun while playing. Mainly this thread was started to hear your point of veiw and to find out why the turkish zone have lost so many players.

As there has been a dramatic drop of turkish players the last few weeks. Is this just something of the ordinary or because of the war? Or results of the war?
Ceren

Postby Ceren » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:51 pm

there is no war where i am, do you know something that i don't?
i know a bit about the history but that's all
as i said i wanna know how the others feel but everyone seems content, it looks like everyone's having fun already; though that's just my humble observations.
Liljum

Postby Liljum » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:33 am

Okay, we tried to open up a discussion to if the drop of turkish players had any link to IC reasons. But you seem to be happy with how things are. Is this what every turkish player feels about playing in the turkish region?

And by the way... How long have you been playing Cantr? Your forum registration date says 22 june 2007.
ebenezer

Postby ebenezer » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:23 am

Old ones mostly left due to IG reasons and I think I am the oldest player now. A new spawning place would require a great deal of effort on behalf of the programmers I suppose (balancing the resources, animals etc.). Of course I am assuming that you are suggesting a whole new place.
SCUBA

Postby SCUBA » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:34 am

As I know Cantr and the Cantr world. A new spawningplace would be no problem at all.

The world is so big, and there must be many places that are virgin and rich of resources. When the finnis language came, they there just placed in and no modofication was made to the world. And that was not so long ago.

A spawningplace instead of dynamic spawning is also no problem. This is how all spawning was made first, and is even today as long as a language group is too small to support dynamic spawning.

So what I asked in general, was if it would be good for a languagegroup as yours, that as i thought was declining because of IG reasons, would benefit from having a distinct spawningplace for a while. Just to make it possible for new characters to end up somewhere else instead of at tha same place as the character that was just killed or where playes think there is no real possibillity to reach any goals.

I don´t say that this is the situation for you. I ask in general if it is a good idéa that this is done in those kind of situations. And the only link I had to the turkish zone was that I saw that players where dropping fast.

Now the player drop has stopped, but the general question is still there.
/SCUBA

ebenezer

Postby ebenezer » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:44 am

Ok I got your point.

A new spawning place has it pros and cons. Yes, away from the conflict, a fresh start etc. But it takes a lot to colonize a virgin place. I am talking about buildings, machinery, exploration. It is really hard to decide and besides there is no guaranty that the reason that led to newspawning place will reach new place as well you know what I am saying. I'd prefer staying in old place due to this. Technology is hard to reach and as this isnot Ogame, there is no noob protection. An uncivilized population would fall prey so easily in such a situation.
Ceren

Postby Ceren » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:43 am

Liljum wrote:And by the way... How long have you been playing Cantr? Your forum registration date says 22 june 2007.

Why is that a concern of yours? I can only say I have started before that date. I think it does not matter whether I am playing for 1 day or 1 year, as I am entitled to my opinion in any scenario and I did say that what I said is purely my own opinions and observations.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:12 pm

If you would be a very new player then it would be possible that you had spawned in peaceful locations and there might be warring locations around that you haven't heard of yet. But maybe the war is over. Also giving Turkish people a new island would mean that spawn rates would drop in the old world making it easier for Swedish characters to take over. But why should they settle there when they have three islands of their own in the first place? I haven't been to the Swedish homelands in a long time so I don't know how things are going there but people should concentrate more on establishing trade between those islands rather than sailing off to explore the unknown, as everyone seems/seemed to be doing.
Not-so-sad panda

Return to “Turk Oyuncular (Turkish)”