Racism

Please post requests for moderation here to be reviewed by the Public Relations Department. Just as General Support, this is NOT the place for chatter, nor the place to debate the requests.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Junesun
Administrator Emeritus

Racism

Postby Junesun » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:40 pm

Coramon has been posting unrelated and uncalled-for offensive remarks in several non-English forums and one English forum; obviously with the help of an automatic translator.

French forum - topic "Cartes": "Le français est inutile, ils s'asseyent environ comme babiller de singes. Je suis personnellement fier pour être Américain... [the rest of his post is not understandable]" - translation: "French is useless, they still try to chatter like monkeys. I personally am proud to be American."

General Support - topic "Empty roads": "Sorry, I guess that makes this whole thread useless. (Like the French...)"

Spanish forum - topic "hola, acabo de empezar": "Espanol e stupido, inglese e interessante." Translation: "Spanish is stupid, English is interesting."

Polish forum - topic "Pytania.": "cos oko
asodfo kodfjw ofajs americano". Obviously along the same lines, but I don't speak enough Polish.
If you're at all interested in languages, check out the language-learning forum and my language-related website !
WojD

Postby WojD » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:40 pm

In Polish - senseless string... Perhaps translator was been ashamed ;)
==============
Stan

Postby Stan » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:53 pm

Are the French actually a race?
Stan wrote:I've never said anything worth quoting.
Schme

Postby Schme » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:54 pm

No. French is a language and a nationality.

So it's not rascism. Bigotry rather.
"One death is a tragedy, a million is just statistics."
Joseph Stalin
Surly

Postby Surly » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:54 am

Okay... I swear I remeber posting an answer here... :?

Anyways, the CD takes this very seriously and will be looking into it immediately. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:01 pm

? Where do the posts keep going - seems like the same happened to me surls
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:10 pm

I'm stealing them and adding them to my post count. I hope you guys don't mind. :wink:

On another note if we are going to start enforcing no bigotry can we at least be fair when people make very bigotry comments toward Americans because there definitely seems to be a double standard here. Because I can point to a lot of posts in the past that were very nasty toward Americans in general. Not that I actually care but it would be nice if everyone got the same treatment. It is only fair.
Stan

Postby Stan » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:53 pm

The answer I always got was that they weren't attacking "Americans" just the American Government. :wink:
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:55 pm

It wasn't the bigotry that I (myself) took issue with and acted on.

We all have our predjudices, some more popularly acceptable than others.

What I took issue with was that the posts were clearly there solely to be offensive, with no backing, something which is immature more than anything.
If someone was to start 'American bashing' - I'd at least expect them to have some kind of argument to back it up with, otherwise it's just as plain immature and pointless.
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:23 pm

So in other wrods there is a double standard, it's just that anything said about Americans has got to be true. That's all I needed to know. Thanks.
Stan

Postby Stan » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:53 pm

I can take a hit.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:08 pm

We encountered this problem on PLIT games, and the trouble is that country bashing is just one giant gray area. It's hard to know where the line is. I think hallucinatingfarmer's reasoning is about as close as you can get to a good policy.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Schme

Postby Schme » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:34 am

Rklenseth, the difference is that (usually) when (non stupid) people is critisiezing America, they are critisiezing, say, the government or the culture. Now, that's something you can actually critisieze.

But if I go and say "American is all punk motherfu.ckers and I am better than them because I am Canadian and Americans speak like fuc.ks and are all pricks and it's a stupid country and shouldn't exist and I'm proud to be Canadian." you can just see I'm full of it. I'm not actually saying anything but being rude.

That's what this guys doing. He's saying "People who speak Spaniards, Poles, Frenchmen are all fuc.kers and sub human and animalistic and stupid because they are not Americans, and they think they're better than us because they're not Americans, well guess what America kick as.s and you suck for not being American go to hel.l."

(I am assuming most of the guys playing Cantr in Spanish are Spaniards. Also, please excuse the periods in the middle of words. There seems to be a problem with the forum.)
"One death is a tragedy, a million is just statistics."

Joseph Stalin
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:16 pm

no, that's not what I meant richard

If someone was to post the same thing, transposing Spanish/French Americans and the American language - 'American bashing' without any kind of attempt at a coherent reasoning - I would take issue with that too

- i.e: what schme said
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Stan

Postby Stan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:57 pm

You mean like this?

Cookie's signature says:
American's, Irelands biggest tourist import, also the biggest reason not to go there.

Or is that coherent? I know the ' doesn't belong... :lol:

Return to “Moderation Requests”