Sorghum

Please post requests for moderation here to be reviewed by the Public Relations Department. Just as General Support, this is NOT the place for chatter, nor the place to debate the requests.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Oasis

Postby Oasis » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:16 pm

How many carrots you eat in a day is an in-game fact, not something someone wouldn't know if they were learning the language.

Each language area has adopted that particular language.That is a necessity, and automatically brings ooc knowledge into the game. That one person knows what a pickaxe is, and another doesn't, is not fair, does unbalance the playing field, and shouldn't happen. It is a word, and all words should have their meanings known. That, imo, is what was intended, when using the language in the first place.

Take the word bauxite. I don't know what it means, therefore neither do any of my chars. If I cared, I could look it up. I know the meaning of the word stone, so therefore so do all my chars. I don't need to look that up. They are just words......their meanings should be allowed to be known. Not the in-game facts surrounding their meanings, but the meanings themselves.
Nick

Postby Nick » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:12 pm

You sound as if you're trying to argue against me. But you're only saying we SHOULD be able to say these things.
I agree. I'm a supporter of an OOC knowledge database, anyway.
But what I said is that it's NOT allowed to say these things.
colonel

Postby colonel » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:00 am

Nick wrote:CROWBARS BREAK LOCKS, EVERYONE!!!

Woo Hoo! They do? Cool thanks for the tip.
:twisted:
Jur Schagen
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Jur Schagen » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:40 am

Nick wrote:This forum is not for jokes, Jur.

I was trying to get a point across... worded by Oasis much better then me though.

Return to “Moderation Requests”