Moderate

Please post requests for moderation here to be reviewed by the Public Relations Department. Just as General Support, this is NOT the place for chatter, nor the place to debate the requests.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Dudel

Moderate

Postby Dudel » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:14 am

Either lock the thread or shut all of us up by force.

http://forum.cantr.org/viewtopic.php?p=396183#396183
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:23 am

Agreed. I do not appreciate when Dudel lie, call me names, accuse me of various things taken mostly out of thin air, or change things into his wierd definition of fact, so just remove it all.
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:43 am

My old banner ;)
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:14 pm

Well, EchoMan, don't you think removing your signature would be a good first step to deescalate the situation?
Pretty in pink.
Rob Maule

Postby Rob Maule » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:20 pm

Piscator wrote:Well, EchoMan, don't you think removing your signature would be a good first step to deescalate the situation?

I've thought the same thing for a week now.
returner

Postby returner » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:51 pm

Dudel's attitude on these forums is certainly not a positive one. I'll be the first to admit mine isn't great either but Dudel can't recognise what he is doing at all. I find echo_man's signature great in the sense that it provides some self-reflection for Dudel to think about.. I'd only hope the intended effect works, which is to have Dudel -think- before he posts.
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:24 am

While I know that a LOT of you aren't to happy with how I'm "treating" a few "members" (or have in the past) I'm going to act like a child and say, "THEY STARTED IT!"

Why the hell not? Apparently that's what's expected. :lol:

Seriously, let EchoMan keep his sig (I think it's funny.) and returner act as he may BUT PLEASE lock the thread as I don't have the will power to stop myself. Sure that's bad form but I'll get over it eventually.... with hope. It's a compulsion... I don't know... can't stop myself! X|

Better yet, returner and EchoMan could "stop indulging me" if they wish to come out "the good guys" in this. :P
MartialAngel

Postby MartialAngel » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:32 am

Dudel wrote:Better yet, returner and EchoMan could "stop indulging me" if they wish to come out "the good guys" in this. :P

Yeah, like that's ever gonna happen. :P :lol:
returner

Postby returner » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:06 am

Dudel, grow up, and people will start treating you as such.

It's a compulsion... I don't know... can't stop myself!

Maybe take some time off the computer. Pick up a hobby. Go to school/college/university if you aren't already. Get a job. Contribute to society and interact with society and you'll learn how to behave in a social context very fast. You'll also be able to shoot down those who say inappropriate things (ie you) with some tact, for once.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:32 am

Piscator wrote:Well, EchoMan, don't you think removing your signature would be a good first step to deescalate the situation?

Yeah, lets remove my signature, which is actual quotes of what Dudel said.

Lets not worry about his written lies, that are assumptions of what I as a person think, do, and what my motivations are for doing what I do and say.

:roll:
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:06 pm

I vote for a short-term ban on a couple people who can't seem to help themselves from posting childish bickering. All of this must border on (or outright cross) the lines of TOS for the forum.

It's really getting old. Yes, it's easy to tell everyone to stfu and ignore it, but it's irritating and just adds clutter. I'm tired of sifting through derailing rants/arguments in every thread in order to read something relevant to the topic. I don't care if one or both of you find it amusing to bicker. Take it to PM or go start your own cat fight forum on your own website.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:40 pm

There's an old saying (that I'm making up now) that says once you invite the Gestapo into your house, the Gestapo never leave. Is unleashing years of pent up fury in our forum moderators really something you want to invoke, or can we all behave as adults and solve this amongst ourselves without letting the tiger out of the cage?
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:31 pm

That Gestapo phrase is real, I've heard it in the past.

And I kinda want the Tiger out of the cage, even if that means I'm not allowed to return. :cry:
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:37 pm

I did say short-term. I see nothing wrong with forcing a 3-day break from the forum if that's what it takes to get people to chill out and quit stalking each other to argue in every thread. It's not something that should be iron-fisted with a permanent ban.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
mikki

Postby mikki » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:57 pm

Agreed, Sumbum. If you all just did this crap in one thread. One just your own then fine, but it has been in each and every topic the two of you happen to go to. It is very disturbing and annoying.

Return to “Moderation Requests”