Moderate

Please post requests for moderation here to be reviewed by the Public Relations Department. Just as General Support, this is NOT the place for chatter, nor the place to debate the requests.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Dudel

Postby Dudel » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:02 pm

In my personal opinion I feel someone should have gotten a short ban awhile back for attacking members for no reason.

If I've to go with him, I'm cool with that.

Oh and I do know my behavior wasn't "the best" but as most of you know (or not, some pay attention to me others don't) I don't apologize for behavior.... simply for being a disruption.

I'm not sorry for what I did because then I've no "right" to have done it BUT I am going to apologize for, as I said, making a mess of things and causing a disruption.
MartialAngel

Postby MartialAngel » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:22 pm

Dudel wrote:In my personal opinion I feel someone should have gotten a short ban awhile back for attacking members for no reason.

If I've to go with him, I'm cool with that.

Oh and I do know my behavior wasn't "the best" but as most of you know (or not, some pay attention to me others don't) I don't apologize for behavior.... simply for being a disruption.

I'm not sorry for what I did because then I've no "right" to have done it BUT I am going to apologize for, as I said, making a mess of things and causing a disruption.

Heh...thanks Dudel. :-D
returner

Postby returner » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:33 am

Dudel, my problem with you is that I find you highly immature and annoying. As others highlighted well before me, you comment on topics you have no idea about, and act as if you're the most important thing on the forum.

That's the only reason I pay you out.

I'm going to stop now, though, as dragging my own name in the mud is bad enough let alone paying others out.

All I ask in return, Dudel, is that you LISTEN to other people's opinions, take in what they're saying, and don't twist and distort logic so that you are always right. Because you rarely are.

Consider this my resignation from pwning Dudel.
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:08 am

Doug R. wrote:There's an old saying (that I'm making up now) that says once you invite the Gestapo into your house, the Gestapo never leave. Is unleashing years of pent up fury in our forum moderators really something you want to invoke, or can we all behave as adults and solve this amongst ourselves without letting the tiger out of the cage?

I think it is time harsher action be taken against those that cannot communicate respectfully with others in this community.

Joking around is fine, but when told to stop, it needs to stop, and it should only be done in a thread in the appropriate part of the forum.

Opinions are great, but they should not be forced on others. Debate is a good thing, but pushing your opinion or line of thought until it becomes nothing more than an annoyance should not be tolerated.

New people coming into this forum and seeing this senseless bickering will get the idea that it is full of whiny little children who feel the need to impress others with their "giant e-penis" and this needs to stop.
HFrance

Postby HFrance » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:30 am

I agree. The good public image of Cantr II is going missing with this.
Cantr II is a social simulator. What is not working is due a problem in the society.
Cantr is like Vegas - what happens in the game should be in the game.
"It's a virtual world, not a theme park!" (Richard Bartle)
returner

Postby returner » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:29 am

Opinions are great, but they should not be forced on others. Debate is a good thing, but pushing your opinion or line of thought until it becomes nothing more than an annoyance should not be tolerated.

And this is, to a tee, what I find frustrating about Dudel. Most people are aware he's usually wrong (has been proven time and time again) yet he forces his opinion on others and it's extremely frustrating. He has no respect, so I show him none in return.
If I'm shown respect, I will fall over backwards for that person. I'm generally not a 'troll', but Dudel brings out the worst in everybody.
MartialAngel

Postby MartialAngel » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:31 am

returner wrote:

And this is, to a tee, what I find frustrating about Dudel. Most people are aware he's usually wrong (has been proven time and time again) yet he forces his opinion on others and it's extremely frustrating. He has no respect, so I show him none in return.
If I'm shown respect, I will fall over backwards for that person. I'm generally not a 'troll', but Dudel brings out the worst in everybody.

He doesn't in me...and maybe he's been forcing his opinions on others, but that's all I've seen you do as well, returner, so that's hardly a reason -you- should be giving to explain your frustration. Makes you sound hypocritical..
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:22 pm

returner wrote:

WHAT!? :lol:

I can't even respond to this fully without laughing.... I just... wow... whatever dude... whatever. :lol:
Rob Maule

The Cantr Big Top

Postby Rob Maule » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:57 pm

Arguing with Dudel is like sticking your head in a lion's mouth. Only trained professionals should be doing it and you run the risk of your brain getting gnawed on. People go to the circus just to see the beast and if others don't like the act, they can shut their eyes until it's over. Also, when he's not performing, he probably lays around a lot and eats steak.

Conversely, other people's comments are like elephant turds. Nobody wants to see them, but they're unavoidable. There are also the clowns in rediculous shoes squirting people in the face with seltzer bottles. It's only the clowns that think they're funny.
returner

Re: The Cantr Big Top

Postby returner » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:42 am

Rob Maule wrote:Arguing with Dudel is like sticking your head in a lion's mouth. Only trained professionals should be doing it and you run the risk of your brain getting gnawed on. People go to the circus just to see the beast and if others don't like the act, they can shut their eyes until it's over. Also, when he's not performing, he probably lays around a lot and eats steak.

Conversely, other people's comments are like elephant turds. Nobody wants to see them, but they're unavoidable. There are also the clowns in rediculous shoes squirting people in the face with seltzer bottles. It's only the clowns that think they're funny.

Hahahaha, I lol'ed at your analogy. Very clever. 9/10.
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:29 am

Topic locked, no point in continuing the discussion.

Return to “Moderation Requests”