Took a way, then turned back inmediately. Now Im stuck

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

sheilaanderson

Took a way, then turned back inmediately. Now Im stuck

Postby sheilaanderson » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:06 am

Heya!

My problem is this: Im new in the game / experiment, so I tried to follow a road. Then I changed my mind after 2 mins and turned around. It has been around 20 mins, and my character has not returned to the previous location. It says "travelling".
Whats wrong? Can I fix it anyway? Is there a mechanic involved that I dont know?
PaintedbyRoses

Re: Took a way, then turned back inmediately. Now Im stuck

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:48 am

I'm not really very knowledgeable about this but I may be the only one awake right now so I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.

Travel updates (meaning that your character will move a certain percentage of distance in the direction s/he is heading) 4 times per day (I think). This happens at specific times (I think) but I don't know exactly what those times are.

Your character stepped on to the road and then turned around to go back into the town. That won't happen until the next "travel time" occurs. The "travel time" might be only a few minutes away or it could be hours away.
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:10 pm

Travel ticks (updates), like projects and sailing, happen once a game hour (3 RL hours), so 8 times a 24 hour period. At the time of this post, the next travel tick is almost exactly 2 RL hours away.

Here is the wiki page about time and how it works IG and correlates to RL: http://wiki.cantr.net/index.php/Time
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:49 pm

This is a dupe of a previous post from two years ago?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27523

Return to “General Support”