Text changing on events

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

cutecuddlydirewolf

Text changing on events

Postby cutecuddlydirewolf » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:30 pm

All the text (font and color) on past events changed as soon as someone entered that particular building. At the very least, I assume this is some kind of glitch?
computaertist

Re: Text changing on events

Postby computaertist » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:29 am

Looks like a player named the building colorfully and mis-typed the closing tag of one of the grays (not the last one; that's darker), so everything after it is still waiting to be told not to show as grey anymore. Feels unfair to consider that the game's fault; I don't think it was expecting players to use html in building names. Certainly not expecting to have to clean up player's code.
Same or similar for font.
Mark Twain wrote:Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:54 am

Hit the signwriting character limit and part of the <font> tag was truncated when the project finished.
cutecuddlydirewolf

Postby cutecuddlydirewolf » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:19 am

[*]
computaertist wrote:Looks like a player named the building colorfully and mis-typed the closing tag of one of the grays (not the last one; that's darker), so everything after it is still waiting to be told not to show as grey anymore. Feels unfair to consider that the game's fault; I don't think it was expecting players to use html in building names. Certainly not expecting to have to clean up player's code.
Same or similar for font.

That would make sense. Is there a way to fix it, or do I just have to get used to seeing this whenever the building is interacted with?
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:23 am

The sign just needs to be changed again, which looks like is already happening.

Return to “General Support”