Noticeboards?

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Reaction

Noticeboards?

Postby Reaction » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:20 am

Should characters be able to edit notes copied from noticeboards? That seems wrong, but I don't know if it's a bug, or something I've just failed to notice before.
Tiamo

Re: Noticeboards?

Postby Tiamo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:16 pm

A.f.a.i.k. the content of a noticeboard is always editable (if you have access), so a copy of it will be too (like with copying notes, i think both functions even share part of the code).
Of course your character can make the copy non-editable afterwards.
I think ...
Reaction

Postby Reaction » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:04 pm

I suppose it's always been that way then, it seems backwards though. People make notice boards to keep them locked so they display accurately for their purpose, trade rates, laws, etc- but then anyone who copies them can edit them?
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:14 pm

They can only edit the copy, not the noticeboard.
I think ...
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:57 pm

Yea, copies don't mean much so long as the original is locked. Noticeboards are also not always utilized as something locked, as well. Sometimes they're utilized in bulletin board or whiteboard fashion, allowing everyone to write on them.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!

Return to “General Support”