Same interface language for all characters

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

jarco

Same interface language for all characters

Postby jarco » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:36 am

Hello,

I have made a Character in a language, But I would like the interface to be in another language (I made it in a language I don't understand for roleplaying reasons).
I don't understand the interface in the language it is now for that Character. Is this possible?
computaertist

Re: Same interface language for all characters

Postby computaertist » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:56 pm

"You may not spawn a character in a language in which you have no working knowledge."
http://wiki.cantr.net/index.php/Game_Ru ... guage_Rule

Seems you've gotten yourself into a bit of a pickle for roleplaying reasons.
Mark Twain wrote:Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.
jarco

Postby jarco » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:21 pm

Ahw indeed. This was not intended as a rule break. I was intending to play a mentally ill person who did not understand anything that happened around him. Even not why people talk or vehicles drive or something.

What would be the best action now? I have already interacted with one person in game.
sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:43 pm

Send a support request to PD using the form on the bottom of your charpage, or pm me (or another PD member) in this forum, and we can remove the char.

Cantr is great for language learning, but unless you already have some working knowledge of the language, you should do this in game via travel by chars who've spawned in a language you know. This also makes the rp learning process more natural.

You'll also have more success playing mentally ill chars in a language you understand and can emote in.
jarco

Postby jarco » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:14 pm

Ok, pm send. Thanks for the support.

Return to “General Support”