Bookcases doing weirds

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Rebma

Bookcases doing weirds

Postby Rebma » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:00 pm

ERROR: You tried to retrieve raw materials from an empty storage

When trying to read a book in an unlocked bookcase. Tested two different ones, problem persists.
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Re: Bookcases doing weirds

Postby Greek » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:02 pm

Is the book empty?
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:05 pm

Shouldn't be. I can double check, but I don't imagine so.
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:09 pm

Hmm. Odd. They shouldn't be empty but they are. Sorry Greek. You can delete this topic.
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:18 pm

It's still valid, because the error message is incorrect.

I was also playing with books/bookcases/nested envelopes recently and I was angry that trying to enter an empty envelope in envelope moved me to the inventory page.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:22 pm

Well I mean it's not wrong in that the book was empty, and I was technically trying to retrieve it's contents. But yeah a message more like "there is nothing in this book" would have probably been better to see.
notsure

Postby notsure » Sat May 19, 2018 6:58 pm

I am having problems putting notes into books lately. Anybody else?

Thanks.
notsure

Return to “General Support”