Blank space where damage/hunger, etc. should be

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

MonkeyPants4736

Blank space where damage/hunger, etc. should be

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:15 pm

I cannot see any measure of hunger, tiredness, damage, or drunkedness for my characters. The titles for each are shown, but not the bars to the right. I do have the new insta-refresh thingy enabled, though that has been on for some days already and I'm pretty sure I saw the measures after installing that.
Millhouse

Re: Blank space where damage/hunger, etc. should be

Postby Millhouse » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:34 pm

Those bars are just images. Are you having issues with other images in the game? Check the location page for the location image. I had problems with those before but it corrected itself.
MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:08 pm

I see the circular compass location image, but no bars on the previously mentioned things nor on people/weight limit/fuel capacity, etc. for locations.
MattWithoos

Postby MattWithoos » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:08 am

Screenshot?

What plugins do you have in your browser?

Does another browser work?
MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:33 pm

Firefox Extensions (MacBook):
AdBlocker for YouTube, uBlock Origin,
Firefox Add-ons:
OpenH264 video codex, wide vine content decryption module, java applet plug-in, shockwave flash 24.0, Silverlight Plug-in

Chrome (Macbook):
Google docs/sheets/slides, uBlock Origin 1.11.0, Videostream for Chromecast

Chrome and Firefox (on Android): displays as intended.
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:18 pm

Same problem here actually, tested in firefox and chrome too and on Windows 7 and windows 8.1 so the problem is on Cantr end. And no plugins to intervene
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:56 pm

What skin are you using? Any custom CSS? Does it help changing your interface settings for the status bar from New to Old or vice versa?
MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:03 pm

No custom skins. I'm using CalyxMod dark, but have tested each of the other preset skins with the same results.
MattWithoos

Postby MattWithoos » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:45 am

So strange. I can't replicate it, and I have a Macbook, and installed the same addons in Firefox, and have the dark skin.

If you wouldn't mind, could you visit the page in Chrome, press "CMD+OPTION+I" (the letter i), click the "Network" tab, and hit Refresh?

Here's what mine looks like for example:

http://imgur.com/a/375yi

Ideally just PM me (and/or GreeK) the screenshot, because if you're not careful, it will expose sensitive information (e.g. your session key, your character, etc). (edit: no need to screenshot it really, especially if you notice an issue with the status immediately. If you do, might have to drag the inspector up to capture the entire thing).

If you look at my screenshot, you'll see a "200" next to "image.bar.inc.php?w=400&val=0&col1=". This means the bars loaded correctly for me. If you see any number other than 200, that could at least indicate or hint at an issue.
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:39 am

Today I've talked with Sherman on IRC.
His problem was caused by AdBlock. It was blocking these images despite being "disabled on all pages". The only known solution is to disable AdBlock in the extension preferences.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’

Return to “General Support”