New accounts taking ages

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Vanya

New accounts taking ages

Postby Vanya » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:17 am

Hey!! Sorry to bother. I have some friends who wanted to jump into the game. They created their accounts between the friday and today, but none of them got any answer from the Player´s Department.
Though I know its all volunteer based, both the moment when I created mine and when I reactivated it took less than 4 hours. I know we are in christmass eve, but... Is everybody out of their towns?
From my side, there is no intention to bother anyone, but the whole thing just surprised me.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Re: New accounts taking ages

Postby Snickie » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:13 pm

This has happened before, where people apply but for some reason the application never reaches PD (I had a friend who underwent this). Probably a bug in the system that has yet to be weeded out. Have them submit again, with a note?
Vanya

Postby Vanya » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Yeahp. And I have also submited 2 tries with different mail accounts myself in any case any of both tries would success, and I could at least pass one of those accounts to a friend... But no luck.
Should I try again?
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Vanya wrote:And I have also submited 2 tries with different mail accounts myself in any case any of both tries would success, and I could at least pass one of those accounts to a friend... But no luck.

Please don't make an account for someone and give it to them. That's a good way to get into trouble with PD.

How long ago they made the account is a factor, because applications are about a week behind right now.

Sorry for the wait. For questions about specific applications I'd recommend messaging a member of PD like Pilot, Sanchez, Raynus, or Muidoido.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Vanya

Postby Vanya » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:42 pm

The accounts were made a week ago actually. Last friday or saturday.
But why making an account to someone is a problem? I mean... There is no intention to make a flood of accounts.
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:50 pm

Vanya wrote:But why making an account to someone is a problem? I mean... There is no intention to make a flood of accounts.

For multiple reasons I can't explain in detail, everyone should make their own account. For one, because some people do try to make multiple accounts, PD makes sure that accounts aren't being made by someone who already has an account. In any case, it's better just to ask PD..I just sent a message.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Vanya

Postby Vanya » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:58 pm

I see. Well, thanks for all!! :D
I also sent a message this morning to the PD through the player´s interface.
sprawyhandlowe

Postby sprawyhandlowe » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:30 pm

I'm facing with similar problem. I registred in game yesterday and my account still isn't activated . I also didn't get any information, when it will be activated.

I'm very sorry for my bad and poor english.
I'm very sorry for my very poor english.
sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:41 pm

Please pm with details, or send a message to Support. Thanks for patience.
sprawyhandlowe

Postby sprawyhandlowe » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:59 pm

Everything is OK in this moment, thanks for helping :)
I'm very sorry for my very poor english.

Return to “General Support”