about car engines

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Gregas

about car engines

Postby Gregas » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:29 am

Hello all,

in the wiki's chapter about "Car engine (B)" i found 2 sentences: This engine costs more than the car engine (A) but gives a 10% boost to the speed of the vehicle. [b]A car with both engines on board will also get the boost.[/b] It does mean - if the car have engine A and engine B, both engines will be working together and giving the power? And the car will be faster than car just with engine B? I'm right or not?

One of my chars have car with both engines: tuned engine A and tuned engine B. Both engines are fueled (both with petrol). When he's traveling, just engine B used fuel. I think both engines must use fuel, or not?
Gregas
the_antisocial_hermit

Re: about car engines

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:00 pm

I believe it means that Engine (B) takes priority and will allow the car to move 10% faster. Not that both engines are running and using fuel at the same time. I don't know if you get the 10% if you are using (A) instead of (B).
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:15 am

I thought one engine or the other had to be 'installed'?

You can 'carry' another engine and its parts in a vehicle afaik.
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:53 pm

Hello. Only one engine is used, but it's unspecified which one. In general, having two engines in a car is not a good idea.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Rigel Kent

Postby Rigel Kent » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:22 pm

What do you do when you run out of fuel?
I'm baaaaaack!
Rigel Kent

Postby Rigel Kent » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:30 am

I am also aware you move when your out. I have not moved since I ran out of fuel.
I'm baaaaaack!
Felixis

Postby Felixis » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:50 am

If you are on road and you are out of fuel, you still can move, but really really slow.
"Prędzej czy później dopadnie nas rzeczywistość"
Rigel Kent

Postby Rigel Kent » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:05 am

24 hours and not one percent? Horseshit.
I'm baaaaaack!
Felixis

Postby Felixis » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:36 pm

So maybe they changed it... Did you tried to ride back?
"Prędzej czy później dopadnie nas rzeczywistość"
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:13 pm

It should be half of speed of a walking man minus weight effect. It may be a bug that weight affects it so much that it's zero. I'll check it.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:20 pm

Hopefully 1%?

How far does one think they can push a car in a day? Even you lock the steering wheel and we function on the assumption that all roads are paved and perfectly straight... a car? I can see walking a cycle.

On long roads through mountainous terrain? Or in a desert? Its a good thing that nobody needs to drink water in cantr.
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:45 am

I don't think anyone could push a van up a road if we are realistic here
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:12 am

Would be nice if you could leave the vehicle on the road, walk to the next location and come back with some fuel later. Not to be, i guess.
I think ...
witia1

Postby witia1 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:38 pm

sherman wrote:I don't think anyone could push a van up a road if we are realistic here

Like it would not be reasonable to think You can move large ship without sails or move one with sails by one person.
Game introduce a lot of simplification just to avoid dealing with "real world mechanics" that would change cantrian life in to more like "work" than fun for players.
You can also make a lot of things without knowing how they actually should be made it is how games generally do such things.
Rest In Pieces.
Anchal

Postby Anchal » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:45 pm

Gregas wrote:Hello all,

in the wiki's chapter about "Car engine (B)" i found 2 sentences: This engine costs more than the car engine (A) but gives a 10% boost to the speed of the vehicle. A car with both engines on board will also get the boost. It does mean - if the car have engine A and engine B, both engines will be working together and giving the power? And the car will be faster than car just with engine B? I'm right or not?

One of my chars have car with both engines: tuned engine A and tuned engine B. Both engines are fueled (both with petrol). When he's traveling, just engine B used fuel. I think both engines must use fuel, or not?

Let us assume that power delivered by engine B is 100. Then engine A is 90(as per the question). When both engine A and B are combined, engine B uses some power to drive engine A so technically engine B's decreases its power. Therefore engine B is alone far better than combination A and B.
Regards,
Anchal

Return to “General Support”