Question about buildings, extensions and rooms

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Money

Question about buildings, extensions and rooms

Postby Money » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:29 pm

Hey, I tried searching the forums but I couldn't find anything quickly so I decided to just cut to the chase. Sorry if this has already been asked!

Whats the deal with extensions and rooms for buildings, is there a limit? I vaguely remember something about only being able to go 3 rooms deep and a limited number of "starter" rooms but I can't find any mention of it now so that might just be an inception. How deep can I go and how many branches of rooms can I have in a single building?

Thanks!
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Re: Question about buildings, extensions and rooms

Postby Bmot » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:36 pm

I don't believe there's a limit, I know I've seen buildings 5 or 6 or more rooms "deep". And more than 10 rooms from one building too.
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:46 pm

I don't think there's a limit either except that I don't think you can add a larger extension inside a smaller alcove.

There's a somewhat famous building in game that goes on and on with some 30+ rooms I think. I don't have any characters that have visited it, but one has seen a very detailed blueprint.
ObsessedWithCats

Postby ObsessedWithCats » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:00 pm

Money wrote:Hey, I tried searching the forums but I couldn't find anything quickly so I decided to just cut to the chase. Sorry if this has already been asked!

Whats the deal with extensions and rooms for buildings, is there a limit? I vaguely remember something about only being able to go 3 rooms deep and a limited number of "starter" rooms but I can't find any mention of it now so that might just be an inception. How deep can I go and how many branches of rooms can I have in a single building?

Thanks!

I once had the dubious pleasure of playing a character who inherited the keys to a town with many incredibly bizarrely organised buildings, including one where there was an obvious plan to infinitely nest eight further rooms per room and one which had a stone room as an extension to a grass hut.

As far as I know the latter is no longer possible to create but I'm not aware of any arbitrary limits on how many of a thing can be done if said thing can be done at all.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:06 pm

There are no limits to the number of nested rooms, or the length of nesting. There are some requirements, as stated previously, to what kind of room can be built within another.

I have personally (IG) witnessed a five story tower with wonderful names and descriptions. It really made me envision being in a wooden tower built in a huge tree. And also corridors, going on for about 10 steps, with storerooms at the end. It was really annoying to loot those storerooms. ;)

Return to “General Support”