Arranging encounters OOC?

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

SekoETC

Arranging encounters OOC?

Postby SekoETC » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:56 pm

Some players are into types of roleplay (usually sexual) that others might find offensive. So I think it would be better for everybody if players who are into this sort of rp could compare their likes in a private environment, such as a Facebook group, and share information of who they play. The question is would this be against the rules? I don't think it would generate an unfair advantage if these pairings would refrain from cooperating in ways that would be harmful to others (such as engaging in piracy). The main purpose would be to promote sexual rp while reducing exposure of parties who want nothing to do with it. What's PD's opinion on this?
Not-so-sad panda
Rmak

Re: Arranging encounters OOC?

Postby Rmak » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:34 pm

Allowing OOC for special interest groups would then require OOC to be removed for everyone else. Allowing only one type of group to OOC would be a disaster though I guess if a special interest group such as that was allowed the PR department could then advertise on adult or fetish sites to increase player numbers.
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:02 pm

Cantr has always had a BDSM subculture at least ever since I was a newbie, but there's no way for these players to recognize each other, so sometimes they might make advantages on vanilla people who wouldn't have wanted to hear about it in the first place. There's also the ageplay subculture, and furries.
Not-so-sad panda
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:36 pm

Isn't there a town in the ez for this anyway ?
Quote Wolfsong:

sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:38 pm

Is there? If there is that town certainly doesn't advertise a lot. And yes this proposition does make sense..
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:48 pm

Maybe it was just in game spam then about olip west . But anyway the same applies , if sex group is allowed then the CR is then defunct. Guess it depends on Jos's vision of the game - sex Sim or society Sim ?
Quote Wolfsong:

Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:26 am

Yeah... How about no. I don't think it is appropriate to break the rules for one group, especially a "bdsm" group.
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:28 am

SekoETC wrote:Some players are into types of roleplay (usually violent) that others might find offensive. So I think it would be better for everybody if players who are into this sort of rp could compare their likes in a private environment, such as a Facebook group, and share information of who they play. The question is would this be against the rules? I don't think it would generate an unfair advantage if these pairings would refrain from cooperating in ways that would be harmful to others (such as engaging in Rape fetishist roleplay.) The main purpose would be to promote murder rp while reducing exposure of parties who want nothing to do with it. What's PD's opinion on this?

Think about it like that. Replace the name of the thing you support with something else and it becomes obvious how not happening this should be.

Return to “General Support”