noticeboard lock

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

viktor

noticeboard lock

Postby viktor » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:56 am

scenario
noticeboard has a lock that is unlocked
character has all plausible tools one would need for dealing with any lock, does NOT have key to noticeboard
character wants to replace lock to noticeboard
player has no bloody idea and doesn't want to dismantle the whole thing.
please help
viktor

Re: noticeboard lock

Postby viktor » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:46 pm

this is a broader problem than I expected, not only can I not change a noticeboard lock, but I cannot change a storage lock?
found a container with an open lock and I have no option to remove the lock either.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:58 pm

Click disassemble on the noticeboard. You won't take it apart, it will start the lockbreaking project because that is required before you can disassemble. If you want to disassemble it (which you said you don't) you'd have to click it again after breaking the lock. However, this does mean that if it can't be disassembled, you can't break the lock of an unlocked container.
Read about my characters by following this link.
viktor

Postby viktor » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:36 am

thank you, this helps tremendously.. and I guess eventually containers will be disassemblable eh?
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:01 pm

Yes. There were reasons why it was unavailable in the past, but now it's possible so just needs to be enabled.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’

Return to “General Support”