Animal spawning (specifically breeding)

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Spider

Re: Animal spawning (specifically breeding)

Postby Spider » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:43 am

sherman wrote:Really? Sheep still do reproduce like crazy and I would think pigs would have done so since it's been so long already. So maybe there's something wrong on code..

I completely believe there is something wrong with the code but I have no way to get proof so I am just posting here.
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:35 am

Well, all the animals in packs in one of my characters towns have just spawned an extra one in the past day or two - but I have noticed things being slower on that front before then. Particularly noticeable with bird packs that previously used to spawn a new one super quick.
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:20 pm

Does anyone know what hour(s) is/are designated for animal breeding?

Edit: Got an answer via PM. Thanks.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:42 pm

I have an idea but it would be nice to have it confirmed.

ETA: The animal breeding issue (assuming there was one) seems to be much improved as of late. All of my characters which take notice of animal breeding have noticed multiple spawns recently. Kudos to whoever fixed it (assuming something was fixed)
Spider

Postby Spider » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:35 am

Update: 4886
The pigs have finally reproduced a 4th. I check daily but I don't know the hour it happened. So that has been 74 days for 3 pigs to reproduce once more.
fireintherye

Postby fireintherye » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:05 am

I know it's not -quite- on topic, but I didn't want to create a whole new thread for my question.

I thought I saw someone saying in game at some point... that it was not possible to tame more than one animal of the same species. However, my character has been able to start a project for taming a second horse. (My character successfully tamed one already.) Will this project be a waste of time and resources because it will automatically fail? Or was the statement made by that character incorrect?
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:19 am

I think what they meant is it's not possible for two taming projects to exist in the same location at the same time. I've tamed more than one of the same species, although they weren't riding animals.
Not-so-sad panda
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:59 am

I have seen two riding animals (of the same species) being tamed at the same time, by different characters.
I think ...
Felixis

Postby Felixis » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:44 pm

Tiamo wrote:I have seen two riding animals (of the same species) being tamed at the same time, by different characters.

Maybe this was the second tame? You know, at first you taming animal because it's wild. Second tame is for making animal your own pet (and there can be even 100 projects at the same time if other people have their own animals to tame).
"Prędzej czy później dopadnie nas rzeczywistość"
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:44 pm

Yes, taming comes first and then adopting.
Read about my characters by following this link.
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:43 pm

It was taming. Adoption was not simultaneous, as then only one lasso was available.
I think ...
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:48 pm

That's not possible, you can't tame two animals of the same pack. You can help on the same project though, but a second can't be created until the first is finished or cancelled.
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:23 pm

My char's animals had been breeding surprisingly well. Good thing, too, since I lost a few overnight. Is it normal for so many to die of old age or whatever? Maybe I was just unlucky with the ones I tamed? My char has been outside so would've seen if someone ungrouped and stole them. I lost 2 cows and 1 sheep at the same time. It would be nice if we got an event message or some notification when an animal in a pack dies. Kinda sucks we get no resources from it either.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:26 pm

I've never heard of domesticated animals dying of old age. I'll look up if that's a thing or if something else is happening.
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:57 pm

Thanks, Wiro. They were all in a pack, lots of food available, well fed or fattened status, and plenty of empty resource slots.

Return to “General Support”