Cantr Time Problems (slow, minutes not resetting, etc).

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

the_antisocial_hermit

Re: Cantr Time Problems (slow, minutes not resetting, etc).

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:52 pm

Thanks!
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:29 pm

I don't think projects are progressing right now either. There should have been a project tick at Cantr time 1:01 but it didn't happen.
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:34 pm

Cantr time will be different now after the downtime, but it did seem to me like projects didn't progress just under 2 hours ago (real time) as they should have, but I wasn't sure if I just hadn't taken enough notice. However, eating hasn't happened either, so...
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:41 pm

I don't know. The project tick at 5157-0.01 happened for me and that's the last tick I could confirm anyhow.

Edit:but as said, ticks don't follow the IG clock, they follow the real world clock
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:43 pm

Pretty sure ticks occur based on Cantr (server) time, not RL clock. Can confirm I started a project after Cantr went down and before normal RL time of usual project tick and it's now after the server time it would normally happen and there has been no progress. Looks like sea travel was affected too. I don't have anyone traveling by land right now.
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:45 pm

I thought you'd been around long enough to remember when time's gone out before because of server maintenence or just unexpected downtime. Project ticks and the others have changed a few times over the years.
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:46 pm

EchoMan wrote:Ticks happen the same IRL time every time. The game time ticks happen may change though, especially if we have maintenance like yesterday.

From staff in 2013 a few pages back in this thread.
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:48 pm

Rebma wrote:I don't know. The project tick at 5157-0.01 happened for me and that's the last tick I could confirm anyhow.

Yeah, that was before the downtime. That tick happened at 11:40am for me. The 2:40pm one seemed not to.

PS: This is my third attempt to post...y'all keep adding things to the thread! :lol:
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:52 pm

I've played about 2 years now and it's only changed marginally in that time I think. I had that it had changed a few times over the years though.

At any rate, I started a project 3+ hours ago and I have a char on a ship who sees a lighthouse in the same position as it was 3+ hours ago, so I don't think this is due to timing differences. I don't think ticks are occurring right now.
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:11 pm

Yeah, no-one's said yet that the last tick happened for them, Millhouse. And looking back at the death/burial record one of my characters keeps, it certainly does seem like the IG time hasn't changed for a long while. For example, account timeout heart attacks had been at 7.09 since at least 4766 (the last record my character has at that time), but before that it was 7.23 (recorded on 4662). Looking at the burial times though, it seems the change occurred between 4680 and 4694. Which was the end of April to the start of May last year.
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:56 pm

Edit conflicts f'd up the order of those last few posts of mine and made for a silly forum argument. :lol:

Came to post that RL time of last project tick passed and still no progress. Just in case there was any more confusion :lol:
Majix

Postby Majix » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:09 pm

No land travel tick for a long time either.
Pies
Programming Dept. Member

Postby Pies » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:42 pm

I confirm, there was a problem, ticks should be working now

If you will find any other problems - write about them here.
dwudziestoletni mężczyzna wrote:"OOC: Jak ci się nie podoba, to nie graj. Ta gra nie szuka więcej graczy."

kaloryfer wrote:This game already has a lot of problems, new players would only bring new ones.
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:44 pm

Will they be fixed to what they should be or will we run a hour behind?
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
Pies
Programming Dept. Member

Postby Pies » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:50 pm

How do you understand "fixed to what they should be"? But probably they will be no extra ticks for missed ones and real time of ticks won't change.
dwudziestoletni mężczyzna wrote:"OOC: Jak ci się nie podoba, to nie graj. Ta gra nie szuka więcej graczy."

kaloryfer wrote:This game already has a lot of problems, new players would only bring new ones.

Return to “General Support”