Unable to cancel steed adoption

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Snowdrop

Unable to cancel steed adoption

Postby Snowdrop » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:03 pm

Okay, so...someone accidentally clicked the adopt button on a steed belonging to one of my characters and it's been over 50 days now and I still can't cancel the project. I'm guessing that's not how it's meant to be?
And no...I don't know if the person that started it is able to cancel it or not, I just assumed I'd be able to after the relevant amount of time, like with other projects.
Kyriel

Re: Unable to cancel steed adoption

Postby Kyriel » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:17 pm

No, the person who started it can't cancel it either.
Felixis

Postby Felixis » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:18 pm

I saw almost the same problem with Solar still. Other person can't cancel project even if it starts 3 years ago.
"Prędzej czy później dopadnie nas rzeczywistość"
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:03 pm

Felixis wrote:I saw almost the same problem with Solar still. Other person can't cancel project even if it starts 3 years ago.

Automatic projects can usually never be cancelled by another person, this is not a bug. Cancellation time is 20 days + project length. So an automatic 80-day project can be cancelled after 100 days.

The adoption project thing sounds like a bug though.
Read about my characters by following this link.
Felixis

Postby Felixis » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:27 pm

*Wiro wrote:Automatic projects can usually never be cancelled by another person, this is not a bug.

Oh thanks. I didn't know that.
"Prędzej czy później dopadnie nas rzeczywistość"
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:37 pm

There is one exception, and that is if you start an automatic project for say 80 days. If you wait a hundred days before adding the resources, then someone else can cancel it. All that matters is the length+20 rule. Project starter can always stop it.
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:17 am

This happened to me as well. Someone clicked adopt on my saddled steed and neither of us were able to cancel. Just got a generic "Error: This project cannot be cancelled" Neither of us are any longer in the location, so as far as I know the project will be there ad infinitum.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:17 pm

I tested this for myself and I could cancel mine, but I hadn't added the hay yet. It doesn't seem to happen all the time and it might be specific to one of the animals.
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:27 pm

Were you trying to adopt the animal from someone else though? That's where the problem is.

Once someone has adopted and saddled an animal (in my case it's a horse), it sits in the buildings/vehicles page with a button there that, for the owner, is to unsaddle, but for others it's an option to adopt.

The issue is if someone other than the owner clicks that button, it starts a project to adopt the steed, which seems to be impossible to then cancel, either by the person that clicked the button, the owner, or anyone even after plenty more than 20 days + project time.

I get why the option is there, because should the owner die while the steed is saddled up, then it would get stuck there like that, no-one else able to use it, right? But it should be possible to cancel the adoption process. Ideally, it would be nice if the steed's owner could cancel it straight away as well as whoever started the project, but I'd understand if that's not doable.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:38 pm

Oh I can't read.

All right, that makes sense. It's a feature that was meant to allow people to give away saddled horses. I'm not 100% certain if it was meant to go live in the end. Without the feature you have to unsaddle, adopt, resaddle. Greek will probably have that fixed soon enough. Has anyone successfully adopted a saddled steed from someone else in this way? What about unsaddled?

Interesting fact: the owner of the animal makes significantly more progress (to simulate giving it away) than others.
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:28 pm

I haven't tried giving one away, but it's good to know that mechanic exists.
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:18 pm

Kind of related...as it's regarding the same horse that I found the adoption cancellation on - currently travelling on it and trying out the reins feature, but I'm not really sure how it's supposed to work and therefore if it is actually working... I can't say I'm noticing a difference between working on the reins and not doing so... :?
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:32 pm

Snowdrop wrote:Kind of related...as it's regarding the same horse that I found the adoption cancellation on - currently travelling on it and trying out the reins feature, but I'm not really sure how it's supposed to work and therefore if it is actually working... I can't say I'm noticing a difference between working on the reins and not doing so... :?

It might be difficult to measure because it usually just takes a few ticks for a horse to get to the other side. The bonus is pretty large to encourage people to use reins instead of working on other projects. The only way to measure would be to travel the same road for two ticks to see how much the % goes up with and without reins.
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:46 pm

I'll try to test it out a bit more tomorrow - have my character do a bit of backtracking before going home.

But, just to be clear, for the bonus to take effect, the character has to work on the reins 'project' during the actual project tick? So...for full benefit, they'd need to set out and start work on it by the project tick before the first travel tick that they would make travel progress on? Have I got that right?
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:55 pm

Snowdrop wrote:I'll try to test it out a bit more tomorrow - have my character do a bit of backtracking before going home.

But, just to be clear, for the bonus to take effect, the character has to work on the reins 'project' during the actual project tick? So...for full benefit, they'd need to set out and start work on it by the project tick before the first travel tick that they would make travel progress on? Have I got that right?

I looked it up several times, but apparently that's something only Greek knows (or people who have tested it). I'm guessing both, maybe.

Return to “General Support”