Bug? Log in timer doesn't consider other player activies

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

computaertist

Bug? Log in timer doesn't consider other player activies

Postby computaertist » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:59 pm

I never log out of Cantr unless I lose internet connection or something. I play with a good number of my characters daily. Not logging out technically means I don't log in. I can't state the results of this logic train for another four days.

I humbly submit that the counter be edited to be reset whenever a player does anything significant. I would think role playing would be enough for sure, or even manually picking up food to eat. It seems like a bug or an oversight more than a feature for the log-in requirement to be so literal.
Mark Twain wrote:Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.
Cdls

Re: Bug? Log in timer doesn't consider other player activies

Postby Cdls » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:25 pm

I don't believe it is considered a bug since the timer is based on someone logging in to the game, so it is doing what it is intended to do.

That being said, if you have been active within the twenty day window, then I would suggest shooting a PM to one of the GAB members to look into the incident to see if it can be reverted.
computaertist

Postby computaertist » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:32 pm

I have been active every day, yes, and I'll send that PM. Even if it's not a bug, it seems like one, or an oversight, as I doubt it was intended to kill off active characters over such a trivial technicality.

I'm not mad, though :)
Mark Twain wrote:Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:34 pm

Don't you get "kicked out" every few hours or so? Seems like even if I'm actively playing, there are times I get kicked to the login screen.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
computaertist

Postby computaertist » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:36 pm

SumBum wrote:Don't you get "kicked out" every few hours or so? Seems like even if I'm actively playing, there are times I get kicked to the login screen.

I haven't been kicked out in at least a month.

Hence, here we are.
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:43 pm

I get logged off as well, and as far as I know, this is the first case of this actually happening. Unfortunately, it isn't something PD can reverse, and will need looking into from GAB and prog D to get reverted if their findings require it.

If anything, I think the bug would be that there wasn't a forced logout after X hours of inactivity.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:53 pm

I'm surprised as well to hear that you can stay logged in for longer than an hour. GreeK once told me you aren't supposed to get kicked out.
Read about my characters by following this link.
computaertist

Postby computaertist » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:54 pm

Alright, then I agree that the real bug was that for some reason I wasn't being logged out nightly when I went to sleep (for real) leaving my event pages all open.

I have sent that PM to GAB now.

Edit: I'd said character pages when I should have said event pages, now corrected.
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:21 pm

Solved. Somehow...
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:12 pm

Greek wrote:Solved. Somehow...

Somehow like they all came back on their own, or was that meant to be more of an amusing type of response?

Return to “General Support”