Poking Domesticated Animals

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Poking Domesticated Animals

Postby Snickie » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:21 am

So one of my characters has a domesticated bushpig in a pack on the hunt page. Just now I set him to "attack" it with bare fist at 0% strength so it would come out as a poke, but when I submitted the form he attacked the bushpig at full strength with his strongest weapon. It didn't kill the animal, fortunately, but I'd like to know why it ignored my parameters.
Cdls

Re: Poking Domesticated Animals

Postby Cdls » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:58 pm

I have seen people poking the crap out of animals lately, so it is working. Not sure if I have seen any domesticated bushpigs get poked, so can't say if it is isolated to them or if maybe something bugged out on just that one particular attempt.

Have you tried poking other things?
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:55 pm

It can not be related to the type of animal. The only explanation I can think of is that the browser, when the button was hit, didn't recognize the changes made to the form, and used the defaults.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:35 pm

Or the page might have refreshed at some point between setting the values and submitting.
Read about my characters by following this link.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:01 am

I tried it again and the poking worked as normal this time. I'm on the same browser, haven't restarted since last night, but I'm on a different server now (university yay). Domesticated animal was normal. Non-domesticated animal was normal. Not sure what it was before.

Return to “General Support”