Radio Repair Requests

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Snowdrop

Re: Radio Repair Requests

Postby Snowdrop » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:09 pm

Slowness_Incarnate wrote:I'm..no longer hearing the radio from Cantr to Treefeather, its weird, used to be able to. I also cannot hear from very close locations on Cantr to another area on Cantr.

Yeah, I've noticed something up, but assumed someone had messed around with repeaters. I didn't realise there could be other reasons.
Not quite sure whereabouts the problem area would be, but I had two characters working by a radio at the same time for a couple of days and they used to hear the same messages but now it's like the network is cut in half somehow? Though, my Cantr character could hear at least some messages from Treefeather.

Would be good to know if it is a bug of sorts or whether to keep trying to figure an IG reason to check the repeaters are still all set up the same.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:59 pm

It's much more likely that someone changed the frequency of a repeater than that there is a bug. Just saying.
Not-so-sad panda
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:05 pm

Repeaters are changed, I would say. I saw one changed to 200 so obviously someone has been messing around with network (about 8 days ago, though I don't think that's problem, cuz all the normal blabla can be still heard)
Last edited by sherman on Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:29 pm

*Sighs* Unfortunately, without actually stumbling upon evidence of it, it's very difficult for a character to point out such a thing IG because the first assumption would be that there's just nothing being broadcast from the silent area, or the person/town you're trying to contact is sleeping or just not manning the radio :(
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:51 pm

Snowdrop wrote:*Sighs* Unfortunately, without actually stumbling upon evidence of it, it's very difficult for a character to point out such a thing IG because the first assumption would be that there's just nothing being broadcast from the silent area, or the person/town you're trying to contact is sleeping or just not manning the radio :(

I'd say losing contact with the whole of Threefeather would be enough reason to start an investigation ;)
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
ObsessedWithCats

Postby ObsessedWithCats » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:01 pm

Bmot wrote:
Snowdrop wrote:*Sighs* Unfortunately, without actually stumbling upon evidence of it, it's very difficult for a character to point out such a thing IG because the first assumption would be that there's just nothing being broadcast from the silent area, or the person/town you're trying to contact is sleeping or just not manning the radio :(

I'd say losing contact with the whole of Threefeather would be enough reason to start an investigation ;)

Or a party :P

My character on Treefeather is hearing Cantr just fine so it might be a specific bit of Cantr or Treefeather cut off from all but their nearest neighbours rather than the 'bridge' between the islands broken?
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:16 pm

Bmot wrote:I'd say losing contact with the whole of Threefeather would be enough reason to start an investigation ;)

I repeat...
Snowdrop wrote:Though, my Cantr character could hear at least some messages from Treefeather.

;)
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:22 pm

Snowdrop wrote:
Bmot wrote:I'd say losing contact with the whole of Threefeather would be enough reason to start an investigation ;)

I repeat...
Snowdrop wrote:Though, my Cantr character could hear at least some messages from Treefeather.

;)

Apparently, reading isn't my strongest skill :D
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Money

Postby Money » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:12 pm

Can a staff member PM me who can help with the radio? Having some trouble since the big change.
Money

Postby Money » Tue May 02, 2017 10:04 pm

Money wrote:Can a staff member PM me who can help with the radio? Having some trouble since the big change.

Any staff member at all?
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Wed May 03, 2017 12:46 pm

Money wrote:Can a staff member PM me who can help with the radio? Having some trouble since the big change.

GreeK wrote:GreeK! I choose you!
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Wed May 03, 2017 8:37 pm

:roll:
Money

Postby Money » Wed May 03, 2017 9:14 pm

It's just an issue with range. Don't really want to go into further detail and out my character. If it is a bug that is currently being worked on post radio nerf I can sit tight.
sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Wed May 03, 2017 9:23 pm

There are no known bugs related to the range adjustments, however there are some unrelated radio issues ongoing for a while. These may have been corrected (again) this morning, but if not, please notify me (as GreeK is currently on vacation) via pm.

Return to “General Support”