Sabring, and the violence system

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

ephiroll

Postby ephiroll » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:13 am

|west| wrote:Is practice now a factor in hitting people?

...that's one thing I don't have to worry about, even my "peaceful" chars get the chance to flex their muscles somewhat regulary...Rodger is starting to look like He-Man :twisted: :lol:
http://www.ephiroll.com
Jeremiah 'Jerry' Donaldson
Mavsfan911

Postby Mavsfan911 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:01 am

also about the shields...i went on a killing spree with and hunting bow and no shield and the people attacking me missed most of the time..while my super improved hunting bow of death seemed to penetrate their iron shields easily...it seems a little buggy but you gotta admit its fun to watch peoples reactions
太陽とビキニ
Spider

Postby Spider » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:26 am

This is some BS, i was chasing someone and the 2 time i attacked with my war bow i missed, and everyone eles with a hunting killed him, what the hell is up with that........the only thing i haven't missed is the animals.
I was not intoxicated while I wrote this.
west

Postby west » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:58 am

Exactly. Glad to know it's not just me.
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
ephiroll

Postby ephiroll » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:29 pm

I never really have much problems hitting someone, it's just when I do hit most of the time it's for very little damage or none at all because their shield absorbs it.
http://www.ephiroll.com
Jeremiah 'Jerry' Donaldson
David

Postby David » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:05 am

People don't like change... they get used to a certain way and they want it to stay that way..., now that ppl can't have Aeris-like ability all over Cantr there are problems... "The good ole days" are whenever a given person started, so they never really were there, people just got acustomed to a certain way... and now that the system has been changed and, well I'm not that way personally... I have played Cantr on and off for over a year now... and look at my opinions? lol

Look at this way, a hunting bow and warbow are "light" attack weapons and to simulate a higher rate of fire they are more accurate, seeing as they aren't as cumbersome as a sabre or crossbow.

Think about how rediculous it is for a tiny amount of sabre and crossbow armed people to take over a town of 20-30 people armed with "scout" weapons like hutning bows, warbow, wooden shields etc...

The old Calculus and assumptions don't work anymore, people just have to learn to live in a diffrent combat situation... similarly its a bit of a stretch that a shield alone will absorb attacks most of the time... perhaps armor clothing should be developed... the whole idea of it is to move away from a Uber tank can subjugate an entire population v. having to convince a large group that your way of governing is right... as how it is real life....

The way I see it, the aim of the new combat system is no different than that of hematite and iron ore smelting. A combat system where it takes more than locking yourself in your house for a few years with coal, limestone, and iron, and coming out a one or three man government, having no need to persuade the populace to your cause are over...

You have to convince others to work with you and be part of your armed forces now... its a new level of forced interaction, like hematite Iron ore etc...

Here is the difference... the hematite Iron ore implementation increased the difficulty for newbs and "have nots" to a great degree... The combat system changed the relationship to near the same degree, only in favor of the populace v. a few old aristocrats...

What a tragedy... now you have to convince more than 4 people to your point of view to run an entire government and empire... boo hoo.

The Iron change purpose is to promote interaction for economics and politics.
The Combat change purpose is to promote interaction in government and politics.

If someone is "sitting on top" the hematite thing is just a drop in the bucket, they will be the first to get Iron again and their infastructure is already in place it means barely anything after a bit just more profit margin and since class is relative to what's avialable it only increases the old aristocracies power, but the amount it affects newbs is huge. The combat system, on the other hand, has changed things for the old aristocrats, wow they actually have to confer with the populace when they decide to arbitrarily lock people up, without RPing at all, now they have to RP public relations with the people and treat people in a way that will sustain their government, its a pretty big change for the rulers... but it increasing interaction just like the new iron situation... The only difference is that one affects the masses and the other the rulers...

It reminds me of the situation we are in now in America where the white collar workers had a condescending attitude towards blue collar workers, carefully explaining to them that downsizing is neccessary to increase efficiency and that its somehow "inevitable"... and that their jobs were outdated and that was all that was wrong... but now that white collar jobs are moving out of the country all you here is whining from the upper-middle income people. The blue-collar job loss being the Iron change, and the white collar being the combat change... except neither are losses in this case, they are changes to increase interpersonal actions and social development....
g1asswa1ker

Postby g1asswa1ker » Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:25 pm

I think the system now is perfect allows for much more interaction then before
Somehow you strayed and lost your way,
and now there'll be no time to play,
no time for joy,
no time for friends
- not even time to make amends.
You are too naïve if you do believe life is innocent laughter and fun.
David

Postby David » Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:48 pm

Exactly.

Return to “General Support”