Boats and other boats

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

SierraBreez

Boats and other boats

Postby SierraBreez » Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:10 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but i really would like to know, my char needs to find this other boat.

Is there some way you can communicate with another boat in the water? Or some way to get their attention other than circling around them?

It had been said that boats can sail around after the people are dead but will they ever dock/go to land so that someone may enter upon them?

also if someone undocks and then puts their boat to not move just sitting outside of the land, and then they die what happens with the boat then?

can you actually hit another boat yet? If you can are you able to push it to shore too?
Ash

Postby Ash » Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:32 pm

Hmm, suddenly i get the feeling of De-ja-vu (if that is it?? :?)

Or have you said this before?
Meh

Re: Boats and other boats

Postby Meh » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:10 pm

SierraBreez wrote:Is there some way you can communicate with another boat in the water? Or some way to get their attention other than circling around them?

No way has been implented.

SierraBreez wrote:It had been said that boats can sail around after the people are dead but will they ever dock/go to land so that someone may enter upon them?

They will not dock at the present time. There was a thought that if wheather get implemted then they would be beached possibly.

SierraBreez wrote:also if someone undocks and then puts their boat to not move just sitting outside of the land, and then they die what happens with the boat then?

It will sit there for all of time. I am curious however if there are any boats out there that are neither docked nor sailing. There have been a few cases in the past were living character have had this happen. Dead chracters would not complain as much. I will look into this and see if something should be done with them.

SierraBreez wrote:can you actually hit another boat yet? If you can are you able to push it to shore too?

No. Similar to how you can pass people on a trail without nudging them.
SierraBreez

Postby SierraBreez » Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:11 am

ok so boats with dead people are doomed to keep going until weather is implemented.

also the boat that had my char's friend if she is dead the boat is doomed to stay there since she just had undocked and stayed just outside of land unmoving.

too bad there isn't a way to identify a boat that is out in the water from another boat.

Return to “General Support”