Repairing stuff.

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

The Hunter

Repairing stuff.

Postby The Hunter » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:43 pm

I was attacked about 20 times during the time the "multiple attacks bug" was in effect. Instead of 22 damage absorbed, my wooden shield absorbs 14 damage, so it would be nice to be able to repair my shield, but I believe it is not possible yet. When will it be implemented, because anyone with any weapon could easily kill me now and wood is a valuable resource. :cry:
Life is fun. Play naked with Psycho-Pixie.

"Our enemies are resourceful and innovative".
"and so are we..."
They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and people"
"and neither do we"
~G.W Bush
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:26 pm

I believe that that is just the way the new violence system is working. The shields block random damage and weapons do random damage. I have noticed that sabres and crossbows sometimes do up to 50 damage and as low as 20 damage.
kroner

Postby kroner » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:28 pm

So we aren't doomed after all! :D !!!!! (sorry, can't eleborate now)
DOOM!
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:01 am

I know that, but my question was when shields can be repaired. :?

"and so are we..."

"and neither do we"

~G.W Bush
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:35 am

Perhaps it's also a side effect of being wounded? The amound of damage you can block with a shield has always (well as long as I've been playing at least) been proportional to your health.
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:20 pm

Yeah, but my shield blocking only 14 damage instead of 22 @ 76 health? I don't know, besides, i was attacked by someone with no weapon using a bare fist only.

"and so are we..."

"and neither do we"

~G.W Bush
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:09 pm

AS I said, it is random damage, and shield and weapons block or do random damage. That is how the system works. It has nothing to do with weapons or shields needing repair. At least from my knowledge it isn't.
::10votaal::

Postby ::10votaal:: » Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:18 pm

No, you're wrong. The damage done to his char was during the bug. Only during the bug there was the ability to strike mutiple time (this killed 4 of my characters, the most important ones) :cry: .

Now you can't hit people twice but you can miss and shields can fail. That's the new system. Orions character was hurt during the bug and therefore the done damage should be restored.

I PMed Cosmo 2 or 3 days ago about the loss of my chars. He asked everyone with characterloss to PM him. I haven't heard fro him since, there is a slight chance that all damage will be restored. :shock:
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:38 pm

No, I think Orion thinks that his shield needs repairing but it doesn't because the shield didn't stop some damage or something of that nature and I am trying to tell him that there is no such repair system to my knowledge and the shield didn't stop some damage due to the new combat system where shields do not block damage at times. :wink:
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:12 pm

RECAP:

Shields do not always block. Thus a guy CAN hurt you with a bare fist sometimes.

The damage you would receive from such attacks would lower the defensive capability of your shield.

To restore your defensive capabilites, therefore, it is clear you need only restore your health.

The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:17 pm

716-5: Amadeus attacks you using a bare fist and misses. You are unharmed.
716-5: Amadeus hurts you using a bare fist. You lose 0 percent strength. You saved 20 percent using your wooden shield.
716-5: Amadeus hurts you using a bare fist. You lose 0 percent strength. You saved 20 percent using your wooden shield.
716-5: Amadeus hurts you using a bare fist. You lose 2 percent strength. Your shield was ineffective against the blow.
716-5: Amadeus hurts you using a bare fist. You lose 2 percent strength. Your shield was ineffective against the blow.
716-5: Amadeus hurts you using a bare fist. You lose 0 percent strength. You saved 16 percent using your wooden shield.
716-5: Amadeus hurts you using a bare fist. You lose 0 percent strength. You saved 16 percent using your wooden shield.
716-5: Amadeus hurts you using a bare fist. You lose 0 percent strength. You saved 15 percent using your wooden shield.
716-5: Amadeus hurts you using a bare fist. You lose 0 percent strength. You saved 15 percent using your wooden shield.
716-5: Amadeus hurts you using a bare fist. You lose 0 percent strength. You saved 14 percent using your wooden shield.

716-5: Amadeus hurts you using a bare fist. You lose 0 percent strength. You saved 14 percent using your wooden shield.

It just looked strange to me, the shield being so inefficient while still at quite good health. :(
And see the part that i wrote in B? the shield lost effectiveness while, though he hit me, i did't loose health.
Last edited by The Hunter on Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"and so are we..."

"and neither do we"

~G.W Bush
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:21 pm

Unless the programming department has pulled a fast one on us (which I highly doubt because most of them are unavailable at the moment) then there is no system that I know of. Once again they could have programmed in something new but haven't told anyone yet. They do that often. :wink: So I could be wrong. :wink:
jeslange

Postby jeslange » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:25 pm

I keep hearing "random damage". Surely it is meant to say random dmage within a range that is based upon the weapon?
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:31 pm

I hope so. Otherwise we might see this in the future:

716-5: Amadeus hurts you using a bare fist. You lose 32 percent strength. Your shield was ineffective against the blow. :shock:

"and so are we..."

"and neither do we"

~G.W Bush
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:52 pm

Eh, that could be done with a skills system too. After all I have friends who can take on multiple knife-wielding thugs simultaneously, so it makes sense to have similar scenarios in Cantr.

Return to “General Support”