Unable to cancel steed adoption

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Millhouse

Re: Unable to cancel steed adoption

Postby Millhouse » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:05 pm

It took me a while but through testing, but I figured out that the way it works is that if you are working reins at project tick, you will receive the bonus at next travel tick.

So if you just get on your horse and go like you would any other land vehicle, don't expect to get a bonus on that first travel tick. You have to plan your departure a little if you want those one tick town hops.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:16 pm

Millhouse wrote:It took me a while but through testing, but I figured out that the way it works is that if you are working reins at project tick, you will receive the bonus at next travel tick.

So if you just get on your horse and go like you would any other land vehicle, don't expect to get a bonus on that first travel tick. You have to plan your departure a little if you want those one tick town hops.

Do you know if you keep the bonus when you do other things after the project tick but before the travel tick? Say, you arrive at a town and stay on the horse a bit to keep doing the reins and then step out for a bit to explore before setting off before the next travel tick.
Read about my characters by following this link.
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:03 pm

I believe so, but I'd need to test to confirm. There's 2 1/2 hours RL between project tick and travel tick, so I would hope so.
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:01 am

Update: I think the reins did work on one road back home, so I'm no longer worried about that. And on returning back, my character could cancel the adoption project. So, if a fix was sorted for that, thank you :D ...if not, then I guess the horse leaving the location broke the project's invincibility shield :lol:
Spillages

Postby Spillages » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:55 pm

I've not seen code for cantr, but my best guess is it's parsing the steed as a material in the project rather than the machine. Once material has been used, it cannot be cancelled.
silence is golden;
DUCT TAPE IS SILVER!

Return to “General Support”