problems with signs

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

viktor

problems with signs

Postby viktor » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:42 am

I cannot color signs, I try and I sue the same codes I did before but now cantr doesn't recognize any of the coding I put in which always worked before. what do I do to color signs now? it is of great importance in a couple places.. culturally
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Re: problems with signs

Postby Greek » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:42 am

Hello,
Coloring building names was disabled somewhere around 2006, but it was still possible to bypass it by putting HTML in sign alteration projects until recently.
I've changed it so it's no longer possible. The only place where HTML formatting is allowed are the note contents.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:11 pm

Hallelujah!
cutecuddlydirewolf

Postby cutecuddlydirewolf » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:02 pm

Greek wrote:Hello,
Coloring building names was disabled somewhere around 2006, but it was still possible to bypass it by putting HTML in sign alteration projects until recently.
I've changed it so it's no longer possible. The only place where HTML formatting is allowed are the note contents.

Why was this changed?
viktor

Postby viktor » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:32 am

losing this does hurt roleplay and it was a harmless FUN feature....
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:14 pm

It caused some pretty game breaking things to happen when people wrote bad code. It also made a mess of the pull down menu for buildings and vehicles. I'm glad it's been disabled.
muidoido

Postby muidoido » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:20 pm

I always loved colorful names. There's a town somewhere with all names colored following the same pattern, and another where each building has a color, and both are wonderful!

Return to “General Support”