Trouble adding resources to projects

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Tiamo

Trouble adding resources to projects

Postby Tiamo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:50 am

I have problems adding resources from the ground to some machine building projects (makisu, tandoor). When trying to 'use' the resources, the project isn't recognized. In fact even creating the building project itself sometimes fails (but does succeed in a second try).
Am i doing something wrong?
I think ...
Millhouse

Re: Trouble adding resources to projects

Postby Millhouse » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:38 pm

Is there more than one "use" button? (the four pointed star shaped one) I've had problems in the past where there were two of those buttons next to a pile of resources and only one of them worked.
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:05 pm

There is only one such button (it says 'use this resource in a project' when hovering), though it has a different meaning when it is next to a machine (then it means 'start a project on this machine').
I think ...
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:28 am

Ah ok. Probably a different issue than I had a while back. Can you add resources if they are in your inventory at least? Maybe try dragging resources from that location to another and then back again? I know those are both work-arounds. I sort of remember a database issue before with resources on the ground. Maybe moving them around will have some effect.
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:53 am

Trying to start the project with the resources in hand worked for one of them. A workaround, indeed. Will try your other suggestions when i (hopefully) start the other one.
I think ...

Return to “General Support”