Longboat to harbour?

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

*Wiro

Longboat to harbour?

Postby *Wiro » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:34 pm

Does anyone know how long it normally takes to undock a longboat and re-dock it to a harbour?
Read about my characters by following this link.
Tiamo

Re: Longboat to harbour?

Postby Tiamo » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:53 pm

Undock should be immediate.
The time to redock depends on how far away from the harbour your longboat has been put. These distances differ depending on the harbour, because of the local coastline (the boat MUST go into sea/lake territory). Of course rigging and the weight of the boat influence its speed, so those could influence the redock time.
A longboat isn't very fast, so expect the redock to take several hours (on the sailing ticks of course).
I think ...
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:09 pm

I thought it was always the same distance. That's good to know. Thanks!
Read about my characters by following this link.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:58 am

There are two set distances. It tries the closer one first, if that is landblocked, it tries the second one, and only if one of these is available, is the undocking direction available. The distances are hardcoded and you can't undock to the space between them, even if the coastline was somewhere in between.
Not-so-sad panda

Return to “General Support”