Accessibility of interface

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Players Department, Public Relations Department, Players Department Trainee, Development Monitor, Resources Department, Programming Department

User avatar
Armulus Satchula
Posts: 1238
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:57 am

Re: Accessibility of interface

Postby Armulus Satchula » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:13 pm

Addicted wrote:Mine often drop one while sailing, set course and pick it back up. I was surprised it didn't show this information the first time one of mine used a telescope. I can't see any reason for not showing this.


Mine too. I just find it annoying.
Yang
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Re: Accessibility of interface

Postby Yang » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:58 pm

Greek wrote:Ok, it wasn't fully intended but is live in Cantr.

Another suggestion another time: button "show only last day" for events to avoid loading thousands of older events. I suggested it somewhere some time ago. Or maybe textfield to select number of hours to be displayed. I don't know. Any interface-friendly suggestions?

So what about this? Or increase number of times when event is show. Its annoying to wait few minutes to load all events just to check what happened few minutes ago.
Yang
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Re: Accessibility of interface

Postby Yang » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:43 pm

Build things.
Now we have tree to pick what we wish to build, and select component from that tree. But if we wish to build more complex item, we have to find 1 component, start creating it, then go back to tree and create next, and next and next. This make a lot of clicks just to make for example crossbow.
But if we would have check-box to pinpoint what components we wish to create in one load of tree, then button - create selected and we go to site similar to present one, but we would see all selected projects and we could pick if we add resources to this project, or not. Also a possibility to do it for all selected would be great.
Shadowly
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: Accessibility of interface

Postby Shadowly » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:45 pm

Every items are in folders, maybe it's possible to add "favourite" folder, where players can add, or move some most usefull buildings, clothes there? They will have own private list what they use mostly.
Image
User avatar
the_antisocial_hermit
Posts: 3652
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:04 pm
Location: Hollow.
Contact:

Re: Accessibility of interface

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:01 pm

This is about the filters that you can set up for each character (which I love, by the way).

I've noticed that after making them the first time, if you go back to edit one and save again, it jumbles them all up. This is really annoying, so it'd be nice if it could be stopped from doing that.

Ex: If I have filters for Talking | Whispers | Dragging | Passing | Actions, and I go to change a setting on one of them, then when I go back to the character's page, they show up Whispers | Actions | Talking | Dragging | Passing. Each time I save, it puts it in a different order, and I can never get them back in the order I want them in.

It'd also be nice if from session to session, the last filter you used would be remembered rather than reverting to All. Or if you could tick a box for your default filter.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
User avatar
psychowico
Posts: 1732
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:57 am
Contact:

Re: Accessibility of interface

Postby psychowico » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:00 pm

the_antisocial_hermit wrote:This is about the filters that you can set up for each character (which I love, by the way).

I've noticed that after making them the first time, if you go back to edit one and save again, it jumbles them all up. This is really annoying, so it'd be nice if it could be stopped from doing that.

Oh, thx for this info. I will look at it in free moment.

the_antisocial_hermit wrote:It'd also be nice if from session to session, the last filter you used would be remembered rather than reverting to All. Or if you could tick a box for your default filter.

This is implemented and working for me. What webbrowser you use?
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

https://www.kinkykitty.pl
User avatar
the_antisocial_hermit
Posts: 3652
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:04 pm
Location: Hollow.
Contact:

Re: Accessibility of interface

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Hmm.. I use Firefox. Maybe it's because I have the cookies cleared when I close out the browser completely? ETA: It does work after I've logged in and set it the first time. It seems to stick even if I log out and back in.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
User avatar
psychowico
Posts: 1732
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:57 am
Contact:

Re: Accessibility of interface

Postby psychowico » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:31 am

Yeah, this information is storing in cookies, so.. :wink:
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

https://www.kinkykitty.pl
Shadowly
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: Accessibility of interface

Postby Shadowly » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:34 am

Greek wrote:I'm not sure it can be posted here or moved to another topic - thing which was suggested by someone as addition to the people page improvements: add work/sex/wounds/hunger icons on the character list page. It could be very useful to get instant information about all characters, especially if we have not enough time to take care of all of them at the moment. And there will be no possibility to miss that our character will soon die because of starvation, because we have no time to read all events.



Revive. I think project name on the character page would be superior. Because when someone can log-in only for few minutes, he can control what his characters doing this moment.

Actually we have on character page Name/Sex/Place/(P/T) Percent... I think about add little project image, like in people site, because when someone move his crosshair to this image, he will get an information about What project his doing right now.


Add new Topic about this or it can be here?
Image
User avatar
the_antisocial_hermit
Posts: 3652
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:04 pm
Location: Hollow.
Contact:

Re: Accessibility of interface

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:16 pm

psychowico wrote:Yeah, this information is storing in cookies, so.. :wink:

Alrighty. :)

Now I have another suggestion/question about the filters; is there any way to add "your whispers to ____" under either Talking or Whispers (to me)- or even its own category? It'd be nice to be able to set up a filter where you can just have your whispers to people and the whispers to you show up, and not have to see everyone's "soandso whispers to soandso2" in between your conversation just to see what you say to the other person in reply (I am very pleased that I can have whispers not activate a character now though!).
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
User avatar
psychowico
Posts: 1732
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:57 am
Contact:

Re: Accessibility of interface

Postby psychowico » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:49 am

Check it now :)
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

https://www.kinkykitty.pl
User avatar
the_antisocial_hermit
Posts: 3652
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:04 pm
Location: Hollow.
Contact:

Re: Accessibility of interface

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Awesome! :D Thanks psychowico!
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
User avatar
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish
Posts: 4542
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:41 pm
Location: Kraków, Poland
Contact:

Re: Accessibility of interface

Postby Greek » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:36 am

Hmmm, not the game suggestion, but "IRC" link should redirect to mibbit or something like that, because our Java client is much worse than that.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
User avatar
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish
Posts: 4542
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:41 pm
Location: Kraków, Poland
Contact:

Re: Accessibility of interface

Postby Greek » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:00 pm

Suggestion, because one picture is more than a thousand words:
Image
Awesome, isn't it? Everyone from staff know it's awesome, so I hope you will too :)

I know it's excellent suggestion, but there's one even better: move account info to the right, hide useless data (birth year :O), then add most interesting links on the left.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
User avatar
Pilot
GAB/PD Chair/LO(esp)/RD/PO
Posts: 7077
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:32 pm

Re: Accessibility of interface

Postby Pilot » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:32 am

I want that design as it is, but instead of red in THIS COLOR
:mrgreen:

Return to “Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest