Bodies, Corpses, and Skeletons

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Solfius

Bodies, Corpses, and Skeletons

Postby Solfius » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:16 pm

I was thinking (I know, it's a bad thing to do :P ) and I thought it would be novel to spice up the way the game deals with dead people.

I thought that when a person first dies they are pretty intact, and can still individually identified. You could name them if you wished (character idea: slightly deranged char who drags a body around with them and talks to it? gives body a name?) at this stage of decomposition you would see "Body of a man in his twenties", and you could change the man in his twneties part if you wanted.

Then after some time (about 5 days I think is a good time period in Cantr's time system) the body would decompose to the point where it is no longer indiviually identifiable. You would no longer see their name instead you would see "A Man's Corpse", or "A Woman's Corpse". You wouldn't be able to change the names or tell them apart except for gender.

The final stage of decomposition would be "skeleton" it would be the same as the "corpse" stage, except you can no longer tell the genders apart. You would see "A Skeleton". I think this would occur 10 days after the body decomposed into a corpse, so the entire cycle of fresh body to skeleton would take 15 days.

What does everyone think?
swymir

Postby swymir » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:31 pm

I thinks it's sick and demented. People should bury bodies as soon as they hit the floor.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:37 pm

Actually I was thinking of starting a crypt or charnel house :P (don't steal my idea)

so apart from the fact you think bodies should be disposed of ASAP, what do you think?
ephiroll

Postby ephiroll » Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:31 am

Perssonally I like the idea, there are many places where bodies lay around for a longtime before anyone comes along and sees them...plus the RP possiblies...wonder how many someone could collect before someone noticed? :twisted: I know Larry woulda had a bunch.
Rob Maule

Postby Rob Maule » Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:11 am

:lol: A grand idea! Sure would teach people a lesson not to do something if they saw a bunch of skeletons lying around. If anyone knows Nathan Holm, he left dead bodies out as a lesson not to speak against him. And then it would be possible for primitive tribes that collect skulls of their enemies! Awesome!
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:20 pm

Now thats a whole new idea that: looting corpses for skull and stuff.

Here's another idea that comes under this topic:

Burying people: perhaps we could pre-dig holes for corpses so we only have to put the body in and fill the hole, and perhaps when you dig a hole for a body you could make a marker for it, and if a grave has a marker you could dig it back up.

Hey, while we're at it maybe we could make everything buriable? Then you could bury people with their favourite posessions, or have a viking funeral or something like it.
Báng

Postby Báng » Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:24 pm

I can imagine it now, the coin press in action and someones skull being used as a money box......
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:29 pm

LOL, I love it!
ephiroll

Postby ephiroll » Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:29 pm

Shane B wrote:I can imagine it now, the coin press in action and someones skull being used as a money box......

LMFAO
http://www.ephiroll.com
Jeremiah 'Jerry' Donaldson
Missy

Postby Missy » Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:29 pm

I like this idea too. Bones could eventually be used for jewlrey and tools etc! Think of the possibilities....they are endless. After all...bones have been used in real life in the past for such things. Since cantr has a weird way of advancing as it is...I see no reason why people cant learn how to use bones for something ...even though we already have iron/wood hammers n' such. LOL

I like it. :)
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:49 pm

we could use the bones as trophies, or money (that'll be 5 fingers and two toes please! :twisted: ) what about cannabalism for the body stage? (would the corpse stage be too rotten?)
griogal

Postby griogal » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:06 am

While we're at it, what about cannibalism? Hungry? just put your neighbour in the oven.
I also think there should be a way to display bodies as a warning.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:10 am

hmm, sharpened sticks? to make poles for displaying bodies on?

Where would you see it? objects? or maybe under location?
Rob Maule

Postby Rob Maule » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:32 am

griogal wrote:I also think there should be a way to display bodies as a warning.

Just don't bury the body and place a note on the ground entitled "Dead Body Is a Warning - READ"

But maybe it would help if you could take a burying project off the project list and have it appear as an object again.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:19 am

That would be good.

What does everyone think about pre-digging graves? just a little thing that might be a little help

Return to “Suggestions”