Resource Request List

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Joe Hart

Resource Request List

Postby Joe Hart » Tue May 18, 2004 2:06 am

[[Note from Anthony: I made this post a sticky so that all can see its glory. If you want a Animals, Cars, Clothing, or Meals added, please use the respective topic which has already been created. (Post them in their resquest threads) - Use this post for Tools, Resources, Machines, etc. - DO NOT request new features in this thread (Ie: Do not request that "There should be a way to capture a prisoner using chains", or ask "We should be able to dye our hair with dyes" - This would require programming, and does not belong in this topic. In any case, there's already three or four topics with that request. In this topic, make such requests as "There should be more flowers", or "More forms of jewellery and more gems to make them".]]

Chickens
Eggs
Milk
Silverware
Medicine
Alcohol Production
Ways to eat corn without cooking it

Please Pleas Pleas add a bunch of stuff to the list.
I am, JOE
Agar

Postby Agar » Tue May 18, 2004 5:51 am

Sharpened stick - so you can make kebobs

Garage - to store and lock vehicles

Signal Fires - to link towns in some way

Lasso/Bola/Net - to stop those damned thieves

Engraving tools - to make more permanate and unsteal-able notes

Hot air ballon - just cause
Reality was never my strong point.
Junesun
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Junesun » Tue May 18, 2004 8:18 am

A machine for healing, which would be built in good hospitals.
Revanael

Postby Revanael » Tue May 18, 2004 9:47 am

SOme way of restraining/capturing thieves, coz I'm bored of chasing them!

There's only this entire forum here for suggestions though; you don't really need a new thread, do you?
Gunther_01

Postby Gunther_01 » Tue May 18, 2004 11:21 am

I want to see alchohol (mead) as a healing food.
Do helicopters work yet?
I wanna see a wooden shovel.
I want wether
I want House Boats: (For game purposes, a building that docks/undocks. When your on the outer deck/the bridge, it's just like being in a normal vehicle, but then you can go below decks, and add new rooms. Thsi would be a good place for people like theives guilds/Pirates etc. to hide out.)
Vehicle Garages
Stamina Implemented
Corn Bread
"Behind the Scenes" Personal Development
Domestication of Animals
Areas should have Town and contryside. All the buildings are built inside the walls. Farms are outside. Castle could be seiged. (Walls could have a health like people. Can be upgraded like roads. Go from Palisade (wood) to citadel wall (a helluvalota stone). When wall is breached it turns into another enterance to the inner city.)
Farms for the above system
Grapling hook+rope for climbing over the wall without being noticed
Bow/Crossbow ammunition
Seige Weapons (Ram, Catapult, Seige tower, Seige Ladder ??)
Additional doors to be put between rooms. Ie you have a Main Room and doors go to Room1 and Room2. Normally you would have to go from Room1 to Main Room to go to room2, but if you use a bit of wood to join Room1 and Room2 then you wouldn't hve to bother. Also opens up possibility of back doors.
Currency of some description
TRAMAPOLINE!!!! TRAMAPOLINE!!!
Missy

Postby Missy » Tue May 18, 2004 3:04 pm

More precious gems.

Ruby
Sapphires
Emeralds
etc...

I think cooking utensils should be able to be made out of other things aside of just wood, like a silver spoon. :)

I would like to be able to catch shell fish from the water. Nets could be made to catch them. It maybe would be somewhat like a fishing project. :)

I deffinately believe there needs to be some differant kind of way for medicine to be practiced, i think it should be left somewhat simple though.
Like cotton bandages and alcohol, maybe some way to make asprin and these would all have healing benefits.
RyceLandeer

Postby RyceLandeer » Tue May 18, 2004 6:43 pm

Somehow we need to make precious metals and gems more valuable because at this point there is no real reason to have them. Steel is the most precious metal because you need steel for all of the best equiptment.

How we do this I dont know

To go along with the shell fish thing, you could get clams and harvest pearls. That would be kinda cool.
kasuo

Postby kasuo » Wed May 19, 2004 5:34 am

Revanael wrote:SOme way of restraining/capturing thieves, coz I'm bored of chasing them!

What about shackles?
Gunther_01

Postby Gunther_01 » Wed May 19, 2004 10:40 am

Yeah. Shackles, Handcuffs could work. Bit of rope secured around the hands, even.
TRAMAPOLINE!!!! TRAMAPOLINE!!!
Revanael

Postby Revanael » Wed May 19, 2004 11:12 am

I meant some way of capturing them. A Bolas, nets, something like that. Maybe some way of knocking them out so you can drag them to prison without them waking up?
Paul Smith

Key COpying Machines

Postby Paul Smith » Fri May 21, 2004 2:25 am

I beleive that when one makes a lock, it comes with just one key. If you want others to open something, they have to get the one key. Wouldn't it be better to have a key copying machine to make copies with. That way you could give multiple keys to important mutial use areas to important friends or allies. They could betray you, of course, which could be interesting. Somebody would have to change the lock then....
I think, therefore I think, I think.
Pirate Lass

Postby Pirate Lass » Fri May 21, 2004 2:48 am

Um, well copying a key is already quite possible.
Bran-Muffin

Postby Bran-Muffin » Fri May 21, 2004 2:50 am

yeah the key copy machine is called a file >.>
Anthony Roberts

Postby Anthony Roberts » Fri May 21, 2004 11:49 am

Yes, and and all locks come with ONE key. One. Always one.

And the code used to hand that one key to a person after the lock is built is INSANE!

You're lucky you're getting keys at all! If it were me, you'd build the lock, and I'd be too lazy to put in the key code at all, and you'd be SCREWED! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*Evil Scheme Planning Here*

Oh. Yeah. File copies keys. File needs steel. I hate whoever thought of that. I can't copy my keys yet >.>
-- Anthony Roberts
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Fri May 21, 2004 12:49 pm

Different types of dyes for coloring clothes
Eat the invisible food, Industrialist...it's delicious!

Return to “Suggestions”