Auto-Refresh Character Menu

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

NostalgicMelody7

Auto-Refresh Character Menu

Postby NostalgicMelody7 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:25 am

You know how in the individual character pages, it refreshes every five seconds? Well, could we maybe have a similar feature in the character page? That way, we could keep an eye on all of our characters at once without having to refresh it.

Not a very big thing, but it would be pretty cool :P
Sunni Daez

Re: Auto-Refresh Character Menu

Postby Sunni Daez » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:10 am

agree'd, not every 5 seconds but.. it would be nice

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:52 am

Why not just use CantrSpy, it pretty much does the same thing.
Not-so-sad panda
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:20 am

Yeah, I think we should give players easy way to found CantrSpy.. This is the best tool for Cantr and think still many players don't know about it.
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

https://www.kinkykitty.pl
NostalgicMelody7

Postby NostalgicMelody7 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:17 am

I saw a post about CantrSpy... I didn't read it because it said something about the Android in the title, and I don't have an android LOL

Is it like... an application made specifically for Cantr?
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:02 pm

http://joo.freehostia.com/cantrspy/

Check it. I can not imagine playing without it.
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

Navi

Postby Navi » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:43 pm

Joo made it for computers, I made the version for Android. Basically, it checks with the Cantr server every minute or whatever it is set to and lets you know if any of your characters have new events. This is done using an icon on the task/status bar.

You mentioned playing on an iPod in the "iPod App?" thread. I mentioned in the CantrSpy for Android thread that from what I can find, Apple doesn't allow an app to add icons of their own to the status bar in iOS (it is only possible to show or hide a variety of the ones that are built into the OS). As a result, I can't think of a practical way of having such an app on those devices.

I have looked into how to do the code and it wouldn't be hard, besides not being able to have that icon, making it practically useless. If you can think of another way to notify the user without being disruptive (also not allowed) I would be willing to look further into making one.
NostalgicMelody7

Postby NostalgicMelody7 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:46 pm

What about on a Jailbroken device?
Navi

Postby Navi » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:56 pm

It should be possible on them, again going only by what I've read.
NostalgicMelody7

Postby NostalgicMelody7 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:54 pm

One should be made :P

Except... I've been trying the CantrSpy and it isn't really that useful (to me, at least). I was hoping that it would be like... more complex than just showing the number of events, like maybe the names of the people that are being active. Unless I'm using it completely wrong.
As for the iPod app, I was hoping for a facebook-type app that would notify you and then directly send you to the character activity or something. Idk. This isn't even on topic anymore LOL
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:01 pm

I use CantrSpy version 1 and it does give you the names of chars when you hover the mouse over the taskbar icon. To a point.... It seems to have a limit to the number of letters/characters it will show, else it gets truncated to saying something like "5 characters" instead of the names.

There should be a link on the home page or somewhere easily seen so newer players are aware of CantrSpy. It really is an amazing tool and I consider it a necessity.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
Henkie

Postby Henkie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:17 pm

I never used it and probably never will... I consider pressing F5 just as easy :P
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:27 am

Henkie wrote:I never used it and probably never will... I consider pressing F5 just as easy :P

So, if you not have any another things to do in your day ;) I really prefer CantrSpy, when information is showing to me without my interaction. Next - CantrSpy autolin me to game when I double click it icon. And I can see game "Ticks" time, when I click it right and choose option from menu. It's to small? I think this is really helpful.

NostalgicMelody7

Postby NostalgicMelody7 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:32 pm

*Shrug* It would still be a nice addition, I think. And I don't know about code, but I would think it would be really simple to do. Just copy the code used for the individual character code and use it on the menu or something?

Don't judge my reasoning skills LOL I'm a musician
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:06 pm

Lol :) I am amatour musician too. And no, this isn't so easy like you saying. But this isn't much hard too.

In real, we have hundreds ideas there, so let wait what anothers players thinking about it. In my gameplay I not need this, I almost always on character page, almost never on character list page. But if many players thinks that they will be nice - why not.

Return to “Suggestions”