Portable machinery "in use"

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

SumBum

Portable machinery "in use"

Postby SumBum » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:51 pm

Could we please get this changed? When you set up a project with things like buckets or drop spindles, you cannot start another project with them until the first one is completed. If the machine/tool is moved to a different location it creates problems. It's impossible to know where its assigned project is located and it requires staff to clear the "in use" status so that the item can be used again.

It would be much easier and make the items more portable if they weren't tied to the project.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
Doug R.

Re: Portable machinery "in use"

Postby Doug R. » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:31 pm

I think portable machines should just not have an "in use" status at all. If this is more for internal record-keeping, perhaps another method could be developed to do the same thing (like an invisible machine is created that is attached to the project).
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Doug R. wrote:I think portable machines should just not have an "in use" status at all.

That's basically what I was hoping would happen. In addition to the problems with the tools being tied to a project, it also confuses people. They see the item on the ground with the "in use" status and think they can't pick it up for use.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
Yang

Postby Yang » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:46 pm

It would be better, if project would be bond to this machine, so when you take it to other place, then project "move" also. Starting working on project should also make take item with you, so you have all tools needed to work.
It would be good if you need change place of working.
For example. You use bucket Clarifying Honey, and its a long project. Then you need to get in car and travel, you take bucket with you and work in car, project is moving to places where you are, or you can drop bucket and leave project in that location. Whoever start project, or pickup bucket, then he make this project busy, and nobody else can work on this project. If project can have more workers, then holder of portable machinery need to start working on this project so others can join.
Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:16 pm

Get rid of the portable machine category altogether. Make them tools. This whole business of dropping something, starting a project, picking it back up, etc., is stupid.
Yang

Postby Yang » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:28 pm

Chris wrote:Get rid of the portable machine category altogether. Make them tools. This whole business of dropping something, starting a project, picking it back up, etc., is stupid.

True. But there is solution on this. Add possibility to start project when you have this portable machine in inventory.
Addicted

Postby Addicted » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:29 am

Chris wrote:Get rid of the portable machine category altogether. Make them tools. This whole business of dropping something, starting a project, picking it back up, etc., is stupid.

Confused me when I started playing. Even after watching others, I still lost the point. Even now, I always forget to pick the dang thing up!
Reveal to me the mysteries
Can you tell me what it means?
Explain these motions and metaphors
Unlock these secrets in me
Describe the vision, the meaning is missing
Won't anybody listen?
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:06 am

Yang wrote:It would be better, if project would be bond to this machine, so when you take it to other place, then project "move" also. Starting working on project should also make take item with you, so you have all tools needed to work.
It would be good if you need change place of working.
For example. You use bucket Clarifying Honey, and its a long project. Then you need to get in car and travel, you take bucket with you and work in car, project is moving to places where you are, or you can drop bucket and leave project in that location. Whoever start project, or pickup bucket, then he make this project busy, and nobody else can work on this project. If project can have more workers, then holder of portable machinery need to start working on this project so others can join.

This sounds a bit like my original suggestion in this thread (before it got sidetracked and somewhat overcomplicated).
Yang

Postby Yang » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:22 pm

Snickie wrote:This sounds a bit like my original suggestion in this thread (before it got sidetracked and somewhat overcomplicated).

And in your topic i found
viewtopic.php?p=426163#p426163
same thing like i suggested here
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=22763

As we can see, we get to same conlusions. But you make them much sooner, when it didnt get enough support. Damn, need start to read old topics

Return to “Suggestions”