Celebration/Party Items

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Hedgedhogst

Celebration/Party Items

Postby Hedgedhogst » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:47 pm

My characters have experienced and witnessed birthdays... Well, spawndays... Leader changes, epic achievements, characters returning to towns after many years of absence, characters returning after going to fight dangerous battles, and I'm sure there's plenty more for them to see.
If it hasn't been done already, I'd love to see parties and celebrations to mark these occasions.
Obviously this would boil down to great RP for the most part, but a few party foods and drinks could perhaps have their uses.

I imagine stepping into a town hall, and seeing party balloons, decorations and banners, a spread of foods (Including cake ;) )...
These could also be used for weddings, perhaps funerals (With a little more sense of occasion than disco balls and party poppers... in MOST cases)...
The possibilities could well be endless. I'd love to see a welcome spread for a newspawn. Hehe

I can even see a few people setting up shop, to trade such goods as a business...
3431-5.19: You novicely kill a badger using a bare fist.
4037-4.03: You expertly kill an elephant using a crumbling bone spear.
gejyspa

Re: Celebration/Party Items

Postby gejyspa » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:44 pm

There's always ice cream, popcorn, and cookies.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:10 pm

Balloons would still be cool. They could be like candles and deteriorate after put into use.
Not-so-sad panda
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:33 am

Water balloons have been added, so it should be easy to add an air balloon. Food aside, I like the idea of adding party favours and other items like that....anything to enhance the rp. Banners, table cloths, balloons, blowers, party hats...
Bryan T B

Postby Bryan T B » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:10 pm

raping paper!!! it could be put on and taken off of an item it would be a present when on and the actual item when off
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:23 pm

assorted noise makers... we have instruments... this should be easy to do.

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:26 am

Bryan T B wrote:raping paper!!! it could be put on and taken off of an item it would be a present when on and the actual item when off

I just got all the wrong connotations from this post, and now there are really bad images going through my head right now. XD

I don't know if English is your first language, but here's a short lesson:
raping (root: rape)
forcing sex or sexual abuse on a person who has not given consent (this includes minors, who are not legally old enough to give consent)

wrapping (root: wrap)
to place paper or cloth around the outside of something, as if to cover the surface area and conceal or protect the object

rapping (root: rap)
a style of music popular amongst teenagers and young adults, in which the "singer" is actually atonally speaking lyrics with a beat

another way of saying "knocking", as in: "I heard a rapping on my door" (Edgar Allan Poe, The Raven).

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I have nothing useful and important to contribute to the actual topic.

Edit: And yes, I know you meant wrapping paper. lol
Last edited by Snickie on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
madfish

Postby madfish » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:48 am

No offence but I think it is obvious what he meant. Only one of those goes before paper.

Anyhow, back on topic homies. I think the rapping paper suggestion is dope.
West is the new North!
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:38 am

Funnily enough I considered wrapping paper as a new type of (food) container just a few days ago. The introduction of paper would of course pose the question, why we don't need it to write notes. Maybe tin foil would be a good alternative.

Anyway, balloons should not be a problem; banners wouldn't make much sense unless you could write something on it, which is a bit complicated at the moment, and party hats and blowers would need some kind of paper, I'd imagine.
Pretty in pink.
Addicted

Postby Addicted » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:01 am

Gifts are given in two other games I've played. A gift box is purchased or traded for, then the item placed in the box. It's then given (one game goes with a message), then can be removed from the box. The box is reusable in one game and disappears in another. It's niftily done and I think it would be awesome here. I wonder how hard it would be to program and sort out the logistics (eg made from wood? Weight? size of object vs box? etc)
Hedgedhogst

Postby Hedgedhogst » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:49 am

Piscator wrote:Funnily enough I considered wrapping paper as a new type of (food) container just a few days ago. The introduction of paper would of course pose the question, why we don't need it to write notes. Maybe tin foil would be a good alternative.

Anyway, balloons should not be a problem; banners wouldn't make much sense unless you could write something on it, which is a bit complicated at the moment, and party hats and blowers would need some kind of paper, I'd imagine.

It could always be a paper of sort. I've seen it made of animal skins/hide, a trace of wood and water (Or resin and oil in one case) to form a type of 'pulp', which was actually named 'card'... That's all I can remember right now.
Tin foil would be pretty, for any sort of items... Could have a few uses if baking gets implemented, as a result of bird fertility treatment.
I'm partial on the wrapping/rapping/raping paper, but could be easily swayed.

Edit: How could I forget the possibilities of hemp paper? Oh my...
3431-5.19: You novicely kill a badger using a bare fist.
4037-4.03: You expertly kill an elephant using a crumbling bone spear.
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:34 pm

The problem is not so much making paper as the implications of having paper in the game. It kind of draws attention to the fact that notes are written on thin air. Not really a problem, but we'd probably have to make the grey area of notes and writing a little less grey.
Pretty in pink.
Bryan T B

Postby Bryan T B » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:08 pm

english is my first languege i just spell REALY bad :mrgreen:

Return to “Suggestions”