Chalk Boards...

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

curious

Chalk Boards...

Postby curious » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:48 am

Would anyone else see the utility in having such a thing?
Less littering than a note, and more attached to, say... a building or a vehicle, rather like the 'sub-naming' thing?

They (or rather the writing) could decay... like candles, for instance, and they could be used for the likes of... 'Now Selling... Now Hiring... Wanted: Dead or Alive... etc.

They could be role-played easier than notes, as they would have indicative elements inherent (perhaps in the text written on them)... like often used... crumbling, and so on. They could maybe take a tick to write out... or something.

Just a thought :mrgreen:
Theda
Administrator Emeritus/PD/Personnel Officer

Re: Chalk Boards...

Postby Theda » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:13 pm

I like it :)
"Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides."
madfish

Postby madfish » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:15 pm

I don't see anything which wouldn't also be solved by the already accepted noticeboard, or anything extra it adds which is that important.
West is the new North!
curious

Postby curious » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:33 pm

I guess the notice board carries permeant notes, whilst the chalk-board, as I saw it, would be like a label outside a building, but the chalk would decay, could be rubbed out and altered quickly. Also, the notion of having such a thing on a trader's vehicle would be notable?

I'm just thinking out loud really. I saw it as different.

Return to “Suggestions”