Posthumous Turn Reports

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Doug R.

Re: Posthumous Turn Reports

Postby Doug R. » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:59 am

Piscator wrote:I guess we could collect the corpse's turn reports for seven days (or until it is buried) and then send them collectively to the player. This would give him a chance to review the events after his character's death, but would delay information about on-going events and would also give him enough time to calm down.

This is a good idea, though seven days might be a bit much, as mourning in Cantr lasts maybe a day tops (I've always found post death drama to be very anti-climactic in Cantr).

Another thing to consider is potential impact on the game. Would a buried corpse still get events? What if they're pulled into an empty room? We may have players CRBing, trying to keep their character's bodies from being removed.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Okud

Re: Posthumous Turn Reports

Postby Okud » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:48 pm

I wasn't really making a suggestion there :) only some fun thoughts. I was thinking about RL, and people so obsessed with the cult of the dead, that they build shrines for them (in some cultures). You have to show the proper respect to the departed, otherwise they might take revenge on you. We have at least something similar in Cantr, when you don't bury the corpses you will get a disease started (or did I understand that wrong?)
Reality is that which when you stop believing in it does not go away. (Philip K. Dick)

Return to “Suggestions”