Unburying

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Meem

Unburying

Postby Meem » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:08 pm

So I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but it occured to me...

What if there were half buried bodies. Say for those people who needed to find a friend, or a loved one who was accidently, or purposely put to bury so one can't bring them inside a tomb or whatnot or bring them home.

It wouldn't work if the person was completely buried. But if the project is there till, it should be able to cancel, and thus an unburying project would take place. I'm sure lots of people wouldn't mind being able to have their loved ones back..

What do you think?
wadko

Re: Unburying

Postby wadko » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:17 pm

I agree, plus in polish zone we could stop killing newspawns for this mistake.
curious

Postby curious » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:37 pm

I think this is a great idea, and would suggest it being taken even further, if possible? Perhaps a fresh grave could exist for an allotted amount of time, where even a fully interred person could be dug up... then it just becomes the ground again.

On a slightly more macabre note (and I do see the point in moving loved ones)... give bodies a value, where they could actually be used in some way... then you could have grave robbers, stealing and selling bodies, say for certain bones, minerals etc..?

Too much..? :oops:
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:44 pm

Oh, that's a good idea. In the past graves have been suggested and people have complained that they would fill up the screen if they weren't on a separate graveyard screen, but if they deteriorated out of sight in say, two years, the screen wouldn't get so cluttered. Although it shouldn't say "an often used grave" XD It could have it's own adjectives, if that's not too difficult to implement.
Not-so-sad panda
viktor

Postby viktor » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:31 pm

well.. if we are concerned with clutter, we could have a seperate building. but an open type, so you still see people in it and outside of it, but if you bury someone in it they leave a grave, that way clutter isnt too much of a problem, sure beats having 2 dozen stone markers in the center of town turning the whole town into a graveyard, rather grim but it's happening :?
masterekat

Postby masterekat » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:37 pm

I wouldn't mind having graves if they deteriorated and were at the bottom of the objects page.
Meem

Postby Meem » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:40 pm

That sounds pretty good and easy. And if people wanted to make markers for said loved ones, then they can, even after the graves deteriorate. But then again, what about the unburying kind of thing. Would that even be possible?
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:29 am

It would be easy enough to re-create a body if someone is dug up.
Not-so-sad panda
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:35 pm

SekoETC wrote:It would be easy enough to re-create a body if someone is dug up.

hahaa I understand the suggestion and all but this comment, by itself.. just struck me as weird, like ewwww zombies. Sorry.. I know, a bit off topic.. but it made me laugh.

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Theda
Administrator Emeritus/PD/Personnel Officer

Postby Theda » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:49 pm

I thought the same... :lol:
"Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides."

Return to “Suggestions”