Noteshield

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Gran

Noteshield

Postby Gran » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:02 pm

So, notes are indestructable; thus every item made out of notes is also indestructable: not vulnerable to rot, blocks all damage at any given blocking. It would require 300g grams of notes and it would be built instantly. :wink:

This may have been suggested before.
"Navegar é preciso; viver não é preciso"
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Noteshield

Postby Piscator » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:07 pm

300g of notes? No problem. Would a defense of 100 be enough? We can probably also add the ability to create onions from thin air.

You better start collecting notes people!
Pretty in pink.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:08 pm

As far as I know (but I might be wrong; it certainly wouldn't be the first time), notes have no weight value. So how are you supposed to get 300g of notes? ;)
Gran

Postby Gran » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:50 pm

Snickiedoo wrote:So how are you supposed to get 300g of notes? ;)
It's a secret.
"Navegar é preciso; viver não é preciso"
Ice-Man

Postby Ice-Man » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:04 pm

Maybe mix them with fresh dung? Dung smells, so people should stay away. But if there'll be ones, who won't be affected by smell they'll be stopped by impenetrable notes. How cool is that?
ImageImage
Pilot
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Pilot » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:53 pm

In the right direction notes can cut you, so this shields should have attack option too. :)
Addicted

Postby Addicted » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:57 am

alf wrote:In the right direction notes can cut you, so this shields should have attack option too. :)

True story:
Occupational health and safety has gone over the top. We recently had a lecture by a saftey consultant at my workplace. (a National Science Reasearch Organisation) Apparently, someone died from a paper cut and all must now be reported in an incident form. The death happened in the US, where the cut got infected and was not treated and another series of mishaps occurred before the woman died. The moral is not stupidity can kill, but that we need to report every small incident, cut, scratch and near miss. My point other then to rant is that yes, paper can kill. Not that we need RL to support our Cantr fantasies, but paper weapons with a low chance of damage sounds like fun.
Reveal to me the mysteries
Can you tell me what it means?
Explain these motions and metaphors
Unlock these secrets in me
Describe the vision, the meaning is missing
Won't anybody listen?
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:50 am

As soon as we have real paper (rather than notestuff) I'm going to implement an origami katana. :wink:
Pretty in pink.
MikeH

Postby MikeH » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:49 pm

Addicted wrote:
alf wrote:In the right direction notes can cut you, so this shields should have attack option too. :)

True story:
Occupational health and safety has gone over the top. We recently had a lecture by a saftey consultant at my workplace. (a National Science Reasearch Organisation) Apparently, someone died from a paper cut and all must now be reported in an incident form. The death happened in the US, where the cut got infected and was not treated and another series of mishaps occurred before the woman died. The moral is not stupidity can kill, but that we need to report every small incident, cut, scratch and near miss. My point other then to rant is that yes, paper can kill. Not that we need RL to support our Cantr fantasies, but paper weapons with a low chance of damage sounds like fun.

Not sure about what its like in Australia, but in the US, these seemingly-ridiculous "safety" rules almost always stem from threatened or actual litigation. As in, someone does something stupid, threatens to sue your company for their lack of common sense, and so the company has to change its procedures to protect itself from similar lawsuits in the future.

Pretty much every time I encounter one of those dumb rules and start investigating, that's where the trail ends up -- some one sued or tried to sue. We're a lawsuit-happy people.

Return to “Suggestions”