Note graphics - background editing

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Rusalka

Note graphics - background editing

Postby Rusalka » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:49 pm

So I tried to make a stylish background (the image below is crap and I use it only as an example)

And I wanted to create a header that fits into standard note background, but it resulted with these terrible lines on bot sides, and a big stroke on top. Seriously guys, I would really love to have the note making as user-friendly as possible, and this is a serious limit.

Is there any way to get rid of it? That would be great! Don't block imagination with such stuff! ;)
Artur wrote:ja chce miec fabryke i czarnuchow w niej a nie dom z ogrodkiem kurna i nie zycze sobie zeby mnie ktos pouczal o graniu w cantr qrka
EchoMan

Re: Note graphics - background editing

Postby EchoMan » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:50 am

When did background images when viewing a note start to affect useability of interface?
Rusalka

Postby Rusalka » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:56 am

I don't understand - what this has to do with useability of interface?

All I ask is the ability to cover these elements shown on image above.

Maybe some small page style editor? To edit note weight, padding etc?

[Moved from General Support]
Artur wrote:ja chce miec fabryke i czarnuchow w niej a nie dom z ogrodkiem kurna i nie zycze sobie zeby mnie ktos pouczal o graniu w cantr qrka
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:00 pm

Rusalka wrote:Seriously guys, I would really love to have the note making as user-friendly as possible, and this is a serious limit.

You say these lines when you add a background image is a serious limitation to note-making. I was wondering how you came to that conclusion? :)

However, note texts are inside a html PRE tag, and probably there is some CSS that adds padding or margin to it, and that's why you get the lines when you put the image in an IMG tag rather than an actual background element of the pre-tag.
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:19 pm

Well, if you can't make a note look like you want it to look, this can be seen as a serious limitation. :wink:
Pretty in pink.
Rusalka

Postby Rusalka » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:27 pm

Piscator wrote:Well, if you can't make a note look like you want it to look, this can be seen as a serious limitation. :wink:

Yes! Exactly! :)
Tincho

Postby Tincho » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:44 am

Just start the note with "</pre>" and finish with "<pre>".
DylPickle

Postby DylPickle » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:29 am

I don't really know much about html and stuff, but wouldn't you finish with the tag with the backslash? (/PRE) ?
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:22 am

No. Since there already is <pre> (note content) </pre> around all notes, you want to:

<pre> (</pre>note content<pre>) </pre>
KVZ
Players Dept. Member

Postby KVZ » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:13 am

Genious! I never did note with background image, but it is very good to know, as I saw some maps with such lines. Not sure if there are the same lines as you talking here about, because I not see posted image.
Corruption born inside. I'm part of dark side / A.F.K. / We'll steal your dreams and control your minds
https://twitter.com/DukeKVZ / http://www.futurerp.net/pages/link.php?id=24880

Return to “Suggestions”