Drag to furniture

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Doug R.

Drag to furniture

Postby Doug R. » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:03 pm

I'd like the ability to drag characters onto open resting slots on furniture. It would allow characters to put their sleeping loved ones onto furniture for RP purposes, and may have practical applications.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
SekoETC

Re: Drag to furniture

Postby SekoETC » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:48 pm

I agree. Could it even be made easier to do than other types of dragging (assuming that the person wasn't working on another project) since it's non-harmful? It's a bit silly that it would require two to three people by average to help someone sit down.
Not-so-sad panda
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:53 am

If you did that, it could be abused (I can't drag them from the project, but I can drag them onto the bench and achieve the same result).
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:58 am

That's why I said assuming the person wasn't working on another project. If they were, you'd need to drag them off the project first the regular way, and that would require the usual amount of strength.
Not-so-sad panda
Rumaan

Postby Rumaan » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:31 am

"for RP purposes" - please stop diverting precious programming resources for the sake of Cantrsex.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:39 am

I would rather think that if someone suddenly went inactive/fell asleep/fainted, you would like to put them on a cot or in a hammock or what ever happens to be available. If it was about sex, the other party would most likely be awake to get themselves on the furniture, don't you think?
Not-so-sad panda
Rumaan

Postby Rumaan » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:48 am

Well, that is useful. I agree. But if a person got significantly tired, doesn't it mean that the person was awake recently and that he/she might wake up soon enough to rest on their own.

What else "RP purposes" mean anyway? And I thought you wanted it "made easier to do than other types of dragging", I can only wonder why. Surely, you can find one or two others to help you for something that is so non-harmful.
wadko

Postby wadko » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:16 am

Somone who is doing nothing (no work, no draging, no resting) can be draged to a free slot of a furniture. It can be done by a average strenght char.

Somone who is doing something can NOT be draged to a free slot of a furniture. He has to be firstly be draged away from what he is doing, the draging rules are the same as now. After that he can be draged to furniture.

If it would be like this then I like it.

Return to “Suggestions”