Desiccator Functions

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

SumBum

Desiccator Functions

Postby SumBum » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:12 pm

I realize this suggestion doesn't quite fit the RL description of a desiccator; more along the lines of a dehydrator. Anyway, can we get projects similar to drying racks added to the desiccator? As far as I know, you cannot build a drying rack on a ship so it would be nice to be able to set up some automated meat jerky projects, etc. I think as relatively expensive as desiccators are (plus the fact that most people are going to quit using them for plants until the tea thing gets sorted) I see no reason why they can't have some other functions added.

If it can already be used to dry meats etc then I apologize. I don't have a desiccator I can check right now and am going off just the wiki.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
Cogliostro

Re: Desiccator Functions

Postby Cogliostro » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:57 pm

Good idea, definitely. No, you're right, so far it only does herb drying and that's it.
nateflory

Re: Desiccator Functions

Postby nateflory » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:54 pm

I support this suggestion.
I have no dessicators near characters, but essentially they are glass containers, and work as Drying racks, right?
(cobalt-glass, and a rubber seal apparently, unsure what the dessicant is in-game)

Maybe use them for fruit-leathers too. YUMMY!
---------------------------------
"Nature may reach the same result in many ways." - Nikola Tesla
"Dare to be naïve". - "Unity is plural and, at minimum, is two." - Bucky Fuller

Return to “Suggestions”