Entering and exiting a road instantly.

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

BZR

Re: Entering and exiting a road instantly.

Postby BZR » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:58 pm

returner wrote:Back on topic, you're a programming member! What are the chances of seeing this implemented??

Ekhmn..... In cantr to implement something you only need to find a programmer willing to work on it. I'm busy with other things now and this suggestion isn't sexy enough for me to work on it :twisted: But there are still other members, for example Seko has proposed something in this thread, maybe she can do it. Also, and what is more important, it needs approving from GAB first, as this sugestion will in my opinion rebalance gameplay a bit, so it should be discussed.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:06 pm

KEVEZ wrote:As I remember Marol said once that sooner or later he would move Cantr to a real-time system, rather than ticks. So this solution could be considered as temporary for problem you stated.

We can't base decisions on things Marol may or may not do.

it needs approving from GAB first

Yes, it will change things a bit. However, there's no reason to bother debating it in GAB if no one's willing to implement it.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:08 pm

I have a holiday coming in so I could look into it in a couple of days, but I can't make any promises.
Not-so-sad panda
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:16 pm

Well, something this radical should be left open to public debate for at least two weeks, I think, before it even goes to staff for closed-doors deliberation.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:21 pm

It would be kinda silly to discuss it extensively only to notice that no one knows or has time to implement it.
Not-so-sad panda
KVZ
Players Dept. Member

Postby KVZ » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:51 am

Dudel wrote:I do hope he DOESN'T change it to real-time. I like the tick system and is one of the ONLY reasons I can even play. (Cause I can leave and come back at X time when my tick should be finished and not loose anything)

You mean about working in buildings and going outside to go back when project have to go on. Every time I thought about it - I thought it is thick system abusing (overusing). That is rather next reason why I prefer realtime. Also in real time, if your project would end on 99.9% at end of next tick you would not care anymore...
Corruption born inside. I'm part of dark side / A.F.K. / We'll steal your dreams and control your minds
https://twitter.com/DukeKVZ / http://www.futurerp.net/pages/link.php?id=24880
returner

Postby returner » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:48 am

Doug R. wrote:Well, something this radical should be left open to public debate for at least two weeks, I think, before it even goes to staff for closed-doors deliberation.

The only issue to discuss about this, is the amount of warning players get.

There's really nothing to discuss - it's a fault with the way the game works to be honest. We don't discuss General Support errors so why the need to discuss this?
This account is no longer active - please send any PMs to my new one.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:26 am

returner wrote:
Doug R. wrote:Well, something this radical should be left open to public debate for at least two weeks, I think, before it even goes to staff for closed-doors deliberation.

The only issue to discuss about this, is the amount of warning players get.

There's really nothing to discuss - it's a fault with the way the game works to be honest. We don't discuss General Support errors so why the need to discuss this?

It's not a fault. It's the way the game has worked, fundamentally, for eight years. You can't just change something like this, which will have wide-reaching and serious consequences on game play, without a broad consensus. You can't just look at the effect that's to be changed, you need to also look at all the potential consequences in all aspects of Cantrian life.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:39 pm

Just wondered why this is still languishing in "Suggestions" after 6 months and not moved to either "accepted" or "rejected"?

Because it hasn't been adequately discussed. The consequences of this change have not been adequately flushed out.
Rusalka

Postby Rusalka » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:00 pm

That can sound offtopic now, but I'd like to say something about the original suggestion:

Why don't we make people who are 0-3 pixels away form location visible on people screen? Let others talk to them, but don't allow to fight and exchanging things.
Artur wrote:ja chce miec fabryke i czarnuchow w niej a nie dom z ogrodkiem kurna i nie zycze sobie zeby mnie ktos pouczal o graniu w cantr qrka
Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:01 pm

catpurr wrote:How about instead the ability to look into a street from the "Location" Tab? You're not entering the street, but you can see who is everybody on it, just like when traveling, would be very fair alteration IMHO.

+1. Seeing nearby people on roads was a recent suggestion, which I believe was positively received. This is really the main issue.

I am not a programmer, but real-time movement sounds computationally intensive. How about an action point system instead?
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:10 pm

This thread has been so thoroughly hijacked due to the original suggester changing the suggestion, that I'm locking this topic.

Return to “Suggestions”