Suggestions for new Animals

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Meh

Suggestions for new Animals

Postby Meh » Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:52 pm

There is one for clothes and meals so I figure a topic on animals would be good...

Now for my silly suggestion by which all others can be made to look more serious.

This animals could provide bone spears and shields when killed.
It is about the size of an Ox and a herbavore so it could be considered fairly passive.

Kentrosaurus

http://www.isgs.uiuc.edu/dinos/de_4/5a77637.htm

My six year old is doing a project on this one which is what made me think of it.
quidit

Postby quidit » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:24 pm

Some dogs, Preferably Boxer's :)
Never hold your farts in. They travel up
your spine, into your brain, and that's where you get shitty ideas from.
Missy

Postby Missy » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:54 pm

Maybe Elephants. :) Id sure hate to be kicked by one, but the tusks could prove worthy. :)
Ecilope

Postby Ecilope » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:58 pm

Pigeons would be awesome. The kind that you can give a message to and send them off somewhere. Maybe get them originally from one place and travel to another. You could send messages between towns that way, tied to the pigeon.
Also, it would be awesome to ride horses.
And breed animals!
That would be totally awesome. Maybe make it more like their natural breeding and living patterns. Herding animals could congregate and lone animals wouldn't, and maybe you could build a building, like a chicken coop and get eggs, and a rabbit hutch and get rabbits for meat and fur, and a dairy barn and get milk. (Did you know milk is the most complex food on earth? Gotta love "Good Eats". Alton Brown is so neato :))

BTW, I'm a Zoology major, so I'm totally passionate about the whole animal subject :D
- Becky
Players Department
Resource Department
Ecilope

Postby Ecilope » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:02 pm

Buffalo! Native Americans used them for EVERYTHING. Of course, you'd have to program all of it. Like using the hide for a tent and the bladder for carrying liquids and the teeth for jewelry and the horns for... well... horns :)

You know, there should be a committee. Maybe two committees, one for animal suggestions and one for the whole baby project. Cause I know I'm absolutely itching to be involved in some way with both of those things.
- Becky

Players Department

Resource Department
Missy

Postby Missy » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:04 pm

Or Wooly Mammoths..:P
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:05 pm

chickens... and when/if you insert diseases, they can carry 'chicken flu.'
Missy

Postby Missy » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:06 pm

And what about hardshelled fish? Crab'd be nice. :)
Ecilope

Postby Ecilope » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:08 pm

Speaking of shells, that would be so cool for jewelry. Pretty little sea shells. That's what they could be called too. "787-4: Ecilope gives you 25 grams of Pretty Little Sea Shells"
- Becky

Players Department

Resource Department
griogal

Postby griogal » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:09 pm

What about the vicious sabertooth tiger, and the T-Rex?
"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between. "
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)
thingnumber2

Postby thingnumber2 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:45 pm

Or really big snakes!
quidit

Postby quidit » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:05 am

Ecilope wrote:Pigeons would be awesome. The kind that you can give a message to and send them off somewhere. Maybe get them originally from one place and travel to another. You could send messages between towns that way, tied to the pigeon.
Also, it would be awesome to ride horses.
And breed animals!
That would be totally awesome. Maybe make it more like their natural breeding and living patterns. Herding animals could congregate and lone animals wouldn't, and maybe you could build a building, like a chicken coop and get eggs, and a rabbit hutch and get rabbits for meat and fur, and a dairy barn and get milk. (Did you know milk is the most complex food on earth? Gotta love "Good Eats". Alton Brown is so neato :))

BTW, I'm a Zoology major, so I'm totally passionate about the whole animal subject :D

I saw some pigeons in seatown forest. I wonder if there is a way to put notes on them, if not I think that is a great idea and would be very cool to see in game. Hey all you programers you cant deny this one please implament this soon it would be very good for the game.*on hands and knees begging.*
Never hold your farts in. They travel up

your spine, into your brain, and that's where you get shitty ideas from.
Ecilope

Postby Ecilope » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:15 am

As long as we're suggesting extinct animals, let me suggest Hedwig-type owls (from Harry Potter). They carry the mail. This is like the pigeon idea, only you don't really need to train them, cause they're really smart. You just have to give them the person's name and location and they go there.

(Can you tell I'm wanting a way to communicate with people without having to trek over to another city? :D I mean, even cave-people had signal fires and stuff. Ooh! Another idea- Pony Express!)
- Becky

Players Department

Resource Department
grayjaket

Postby grayjaket » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:37 am

Seriously now, GIANT MUTATED pickles...like, we pour some chemicals on our pickles and BAM! we get this walking, talking pickle man thing. It's be awesome! Come on...plllllleeeeaaassseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I just can't stop coming back....
thingnumber2

Postby thingnumber2 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:45 am

but then there'd have to be giant food processors, so we could battle the giant ....

Return to “Suggestions”