Suggestions for new Animals

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Psycho Pixie

Postby Psycho Pixie » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:02 pm

someone mentioned breeding and domesticating..

horses, sheep, goats, cows, pigs, chickens, carrier pigeons.

All good domesticated animals for farms. i mentioned it in another list but to domesticate you need a barn, and fences, and the characture would have to pretty much spend all its time on those projects....

horses for rideing. cows for meat and milk, sheep for wool and meat, goats for milk, pigs for meat, chickens for eggs and meat...

but all that requires a change of programming because right now, we cant "catch" anything, or build a fence, or a barn.

~~oh! someone mentioned buffalo!!! we have them, one of my charactures has killed a buffalo, with much help. the things are strong. it appeared with the recent time freezes... not the last one, but the one before that.

may i also suggest
porcupines: small bones, pre-made needles, and meat.
squirrils: for those mountain regions that have NO FOOD at all.
Here I am. BITE ME. or not, in fact, never mind, dont want some wacko taking me up on the offer. Only non wacko's may apply for bite allowance.. no garentee that you will be granted said allowance, but you can try.
sammigurl61190

Postby sammigurl61190 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:36 pm

Swordfish - Sword, meat, bones, and maybe blubber? No...blubber is whales...

Birdies! All different kinds. They could give different feathers, some rarer than others...the beaks maybe be a tool of some sort...small bones...a tiny bit of meat...
west

Postby west » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:49 pm

sammigurl61190 wrote:Swordfish - Sword, meat, bones, and maybe blubber? No...blubber is whales...

Birdies! All different kinds. They could give different feathers, some rarer than others...the beaks maybe be a tool of some sort...small bones...a tiny bit of meat...

swordfish could give you those bone swords you used to be able to make.
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
Psycho Pixie

Postby Psycho Pixie » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:20 am

sammigurl61190 wrote:Swordfish - Sword, meat, bones, and maybe blubber? No...blubber is whales...

actually, a swordfish's "nose" is a cartiligious protrution which would break down eventually, and would definatly not work as a real sword. but it is a fish, and would have a tonn of small bones as well as good meat and a tough outer skin. it would also have to be a fish found and caught on a boat, as they are generally deep sea fish and are very big.

birds... i wouldnt want to kill birds because they are just so smart and friendly and pretty... no parrots unless they are pets please????? i dont want to have my charactures killing and eating parrots. yucky.

good foods:
duck, goose, chicken, guinea fowl, gamehen, ostritch(big eggs too) etc....

Tha Pixie
Here I am. BITE ME. or not, in fact, never mind, dont want some wacko taking me up on the offer. Only non wacko's may apply for bite allowance.. no garentee that you will be granted said allowance, but you can try.
west

Postby west » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:52 am

I want a tame ostrich that I can ride around on. If it randomly kicks peoples' skulls in, so much the better. It could be like a bike.

A bike that breaks people

If we implemented people meat from corpses the ostrich (assuming it's carnivorous) could refuel itself by eating fresh corpses...

solves the fuel-less vehicle thing, don't it?
grayjaket

Postby grayjaket » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:15 am

That....is......so cool! I want one I want one! If |west| gets one I want one too!!!! *grabs the nearest adorable 13 year old girl to make a pouty face for him*
I just can't stop coming back....
JJ

Postby JJ » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:22 am

*fwaps Jake* calm down! lol how about we get to ride cows cantrs first rodeo!!! hehehehe!!
"I think I am wearing a raccoon instead of a fur loin cloth!" O_O poor raccoon....
grayjaket

Postby grayjaket » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:28 am

*calms down* Ok...ok...I'm calm now. OSTRICH! Cows...they have nothing on ostriches....well, maybe. Maybe bulls. Yeah, a bull that gores at random! oooh oooh I want one I want one!
Spectrus_Wolfus

Postby Spectrus_Wolfus » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:02 am

gerbil's

i want to be the first person in cantr to ride around on my gerbil chariot :lol:
west

Postby west » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:10 am

You see 1356 gerbils entering Blojt, coming from Blojt Zigzag to Blit Forest (or whatever)

You see Gerbliot XG-4 arriving in Blojt, coming from etc etc.
Surly

Postby Surly » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:47 am

Not new animals... more animals. That's the answer...
grayjaket

Postby grayjaket » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:53 pm

We've had More animals...I think a couple of towns were wiped out. How bout pandas? And bunnys!
InsaneIrony

Postby InsaneIrony » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:49 pm

Pandas are cool! And kangaroos... or Swans oor butterflies! O.o :)
1099-5: Bandit says: "Collect a sum of 100 000g of sand to offer me in tribute or I will kill you."
Psycho Pixie

Postby Psycho Pixie » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:01 pm

1~for some reason i thought we already had rabbits....

2~ostriches are not carnivorous.

3~Pandas sound waaay cool

4~ a gerbil would not be able to pull you around on a chariot....

5~ horses are a feesable riding option why not do that????

6~ i want to be the rodeo clown.

Psycho Pixie
Slowness_Incarnate

Postby Slowness_Incarnate » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:20 pm

It's not so much that we need new animals,now that the animals have more use..besides food and clothing,we need the hide for bellows to make steal! So the entire animals is useable,which is cool...right now we need more animals though...a variety would be good to see but a larger quantity would be even better.Oh! One more thing..what is a scarab :?:

Return to “Suggestions”