My simple idea for this:
* char can turn on/off stealth mode
* in stealth mode most of char actions(events on event page) can be visible only for him and eventually victim
* in any action(that generate event) you have (1%-50%) chance to be discovered and randomly chars in location can see event (with communicate that char trying hiding this)
* char have new stealth skill that determines this percentage
In this scenario we can, for example:
* give somebody secret message, weapon, wishper to somebody etc. that only you too will now about this
* slip to open building/ships and checking it without arousing suspicion
* scare your friends
I believe that this will give our "thieves" chance to give our more roleplay and fun. Not only "grab-and-run" like now in most cases.
Some action like ship undocked, vehicles moving should be excluded.
Attacking should be excluded from this too I think.