Writing on walls with blood

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Dudel

Postby Dudel » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:53 pm

Could you make it a project that takes any/all resources but only X amount?

Cause most PLAYERS are gong to piss through their resources if they can, anyway, when they know the character is going to die.

THIS WAY, there is AT LEAST something actually constructive to the game about it.

The project would be something like <use ALL recourses> (on your person) to write X amount of words for X amount of grams.

The project would use a "little of everything" or start from the "top" and work its way down.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:47 pm

I don't think it would make sense to use solids like wood or iron... It would make more sense to allow people to swallow resources and small items and they would deteriorate rapidly while inside the body but could be recovered by cutting the stomach open. With graffiti projects we're not talking about wasting kilos of resources, more like a few grams. Destroying resources is not the main function, leaving a message that takes time to clean up is.

I wouldn't mind letting people use resources that are staining, like dung, coal, grass, strawberries and so on, but allowing everything would be retarded.
Not-so-sad panda
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:48 pm

SekoETC wrote:I don't think it would make sense to use solids like wood or iron... It would make more sense to allow people to swallow resources and small items and they would deteriorate rapidly while inside the body but could be recovered by cutting the stomach open. With graffiti projects we're not talking about wasting kilos of resources, more like a few grams. Destroying resources is not the main function, leaving a message that takes time to clean up is.

I wouldn't mind letting people use resources that are staining, like dung, coal, grass, strawberries and so on, but allowing everything would be retarded.

I was just "spit balling" but in all honesty, most people "leave messages" in forms that are deemed "sabotage" etc is only to piss away the resources.

HOWEVER, I do 100% like this idea. No need to use "blood" but you could use just about anything and give it a set time to "deteriorate".

Wood COULD be used to scratch in the walls etc, which would (eventually) widdle down the piece of wood you decided to use.

ALSO: I wasn't saying KILOS of stuff, just grams. 10 - 50 grams, that's it! BUT it would take ANY recourse you had.... or a combination.

PLAYERS are going to waste the resources one way or another, though. I was only giving a loose idea.
phoenixannwn

Re: Writing on walls with blood

Postby phoenixannwn » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:25 am

It still seems going about it a bit backward. First, wouldn't you need to say how much per word/letter each resource is? Some letters are bigger/longer than others, would they need more of the resource? Would you need more resources for all caps? Could you use multiple resources? Could you use symbols?
Also, the falling blood thing sounds REALLY cool and it'd be nice to expand on that more. Jussayin.
70% cute, 30% WTF
Bargon wanchi kox paa, Solo! Hoo hoo hoo hoo
http://witchesandweres.tumblr.com/
Marian

Postby Marian » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:20 pm

Bumping this because while I've had law enforcement chars and found the building sabotage super annoying, I've had prisoners too so I can totally understand wanting to leave some kind of evidence or mark on the world.

The blood thing is an interesting idea but honeslty I think if you get super detailed with it it gets a little creepy. :)

...how about, you can write a short message in 'blood' but without an actual resource, doing it just takes about 10% damage off of you?

Or even better, why not just be able to scratch a message in a wall with a knife, no injuries or (I assume) extra programming required? It could take about an hour, and I think a day to remove it sounds about right.
DylPickle

Postby DylPickle » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:11 pm

Marian wrote:Bumping this because while I've had law enforcement chars and found the building sabotage super annoying, I've had prisoners too so I can totally understand wanting to leave some kind of evidence or mark on the world.

The blood thing is an interesting idea but honeslty I think if you get super detailed with it it gets a little creepy. :)

...how about, you can write a short message in 'blood' but without an actual resource, doing it just takes about 10% damage off of you?

Or even better, why not just be able to scratch a message in a wall with a knife, no injuries or (I assume) extra programming required? It could take about an hour, and I think a day to remove it sounds about right.

Ah, pragmatism. :p
I like it.
Yaddy1

Postby Yaddy1 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:01 am

Marian wrote:Bumping this because while I've had law enforcement chars and found the building sabotage super annoying, I've had prisoners too so I can totally understand wanting to leave some kind of evidence or mark on the world.

I like this idea. Imagine walking into an abandoned town and finding nothing but messages written in blood on the walls. That would be awesome. You should be able to do the same thing with a knife, only it takes longer to remove. And maybe needs a planer. And I think the trails of blood thing deserves it's own thread as forensics in Cantr would be awesome.
phoenixannwn

Postby phoenixannwn » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:50 am

YES.
70% cute, 30% WTF
oxyquan

Postby oxyquan » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:11 pm

phoenixannwn wrote:YES.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:43 am

OT

Just a quick reminder:

The suggestion forums is not a chat. To post here you have to add to the discussion of the suggestion.
phoenixannwn

Postby phoenixannwn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:35 am

Agreeing doesn't count? I thought for a suggestion to be implemented, it had to have support? My b.
70% cute, 30% WTF
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:44 am

Silent support works in the case of suggestions. :)
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:38 pm

You think? I think not. I can't tell you how many suggestions appeared to have "silent support," only to face a public firing squad when they were moved to accepted.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:28 pm

...or fall by the wayside because the thread gets buried.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
phoenixannwn

Postby phoenixannwn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:59 pm

Well can we maybe accept that is now supported (silently and otherwise) and move it to accepted? :mrgreen: *hopeful face*
70% cute, 30% WTF

Return to “Suggestions”