Town Squares

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Missy

Postby Missy » Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:10 am

David Goodwin wrote:This will lesson when we get "streets" or "area" or however it will be implemented. If you can see the other parts of the town you can't hear them either. One place could be considered a town sqaure while another a queit street.

IRL the downtown noise does bother me. It's not until I get back home do I come a little sensitive.

I think that would be a great thing to get implemented asap! Make town squares- etc.
And because they will be outside they (the characters) should be able to still farm from any of the locations....BUT- people who are in one area can't hear the people in another area of the town.
Before we discussed how if people used buildings more often - there wouldn't be so much chatter and not everyone would have to hear it. This being true- except still not many people are equipped enough to stay inside buildings. I also don't think that the buildings will ever get that much use and activitiy in real time just for conversations- because the game isn't real time. People don't want to stop their activity outside (Because it takes so long as it is to complete projects) just to go inside of a building when another player is online and hold convos with eachothers characters ic! On the other hand if a group of chars are inside of a builiding working on projects inside- there is more talk because they're able to do things instead of waste time. Usually and mostly it is smelting steel and making bread as of late for any given town.

When are we going to get beds? When are we going to have things for inside of the buildings to work on? Maybe we could implement plumbing- wells- etc? And the cooking ideas that someone keeps throwing around would be an incentive for people to have their characters go inside buildings more too. But then again it really almost wouldn't be worth it either- our chars eat a 100 grams of potatoes a day and don't have a choice as to WHEN they eat it. If we were working more on "real" time playing, I imagine the conversations some don' tlike to see could be toned down for the simple fact peoples characters would have to do differant things. LIKE go inside and eat a meal at a table with someone else.

Would/could it be considered that characters can have the CHOICE to feed themselves- or be auto fed? If you could implement that? Then implement cooking, and the ability to use chairs and tables. People would be inside buildings more. Don't you think? What do you think?

I know that this isnt supposed to be like the "sims" pc game. But maybe if just part of it like the eating part i've suggested above. It would make things more balanced.....get people inside of buildings more like jos wants to see......

If i had the option to make my character eat auto- or shut auto off and feed my char myself because i could go inside cook a meal and actually sit down and eat it, I would be inside of buildings more. Eh? And I'm willing to bet some of my characters would throw LOVELY house parties where numerous other characters were invited and would join her. LOL Which would also be the perfect time for her to get her "jibberness" done away with ?

I don't want to ruin the game because i have some characters who LOVE to talk all day long non stop.
But I also don't want to be bored and unhappy playing because some others don't WANT me to have characters that talk so much.
Missy

how

Postby Missy » Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:33 am

how did this post get here? lol. I swore it was posted under another topic. *shrug sigh* oh well. lol
Genevieve

Postby Genevieve » Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:34 pm

I split it, since it is a suggestion.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:39 am

lol, the invisble hand of the moderator, splitting up topics without anyone knowing.

I like this, the auto/manual feeding sounds good also

Return to “Suggestions”