Ability to run...

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Armulus Satchula

Re: ABility to run...

Postby Armulus Satchula » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:43 pm

I don't think forcing the player in front of the screen every 3 hours is such a horrible thing. The character has to pay absolutely nothing for this increase in speed. Most vehicles have some sort of production cost for increasing their speed, which gives them a legitimate reason for traveling faster.

This allows every character to travel between locations at a faster rate, simply by clicking a button and walking away from the computer. There should be a cost somewhere. I think having to get on to keep running speed would also help increase the activity of player base. Who really gets on and only checks one character?
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Re: Ability to run...

Postby Joshuamonkey » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:40 pm

Piscator wrote:From what I've heard that is something that makes other browser games so taxing.

Yes. I've been really into at least two other such games (actually, 4, now that I think about it), but eventually you should come to realize that it's taking up too much of your time to keep going back on over and over, and I quit all of those games because of time it took to play. I'd rather it be the roleplay that encourages people to log on, and not the game mechanics.
If someone wants to run at a certain speed, I don't think we should force them to log back on in order to keep telling Cantr that they want to keep running.

Armulus Satchula wrote:Who really gets on and only checks one character?
*sigh* So true..
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Doug R.

Re: Ability to run...

Postby Doug R. » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:41 pm

I agree with no busy work. Once they're running, they should run until they have no energy left.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly

Return to “Suggestions”