Breaking down doors w/o crowbar

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Pirog

Breaking down doors w/o crowbar

Postby Pirog » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:59 pm

I think there should be a way to break a door down even without a crowbar.

The way people can be locked up at the moment just seems a bit odd.
I haven't thought about it until now, when one of my characters is experiencing a rather frustrating situation.

Since there is no way to knock an enemy out or kill them with a single blow (or even 3-4 blows if they have an iron shield), and people outside the structure can't hear people inside, one person with a key could kill of an entire army that is locked up.

This particular problem could be solved with other things then just breaking down a door, but I think anyway that you should be able to force your way thru a door without a crowbar.
Perhaps they should have a certain amount of "life points" or "health", so that people can cut/break thru it (or the lock) with weapons or even their hands if given a long time?
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:07 pm

wrong forum area, someone move to Suggestions please?
kroner

Postby kroner » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:56 pm

or maybe it would be like a drag project. you need enough people at high enough health working on it to force the door. Obviously it owuld require more than 3.

maybe this would also lead to different type of locks. like maybe there would be a steel lock that would require more people to force.
DOOM!
Spectrus_Wolfus

Postby Spectrus_Wolfus » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:04 am

and possibly lead to simple locks that only work from one side of the door like putting a wooden beam across the door and the such.or door upgrades where you can strengthen a door to make it take more people to break down
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:35 am

If deterioration is implemented I think all locks should be able to force your way thru, but on the more sturdy locks perhaps a sabre or two runs the risk of breaking...

I would like the doors to be seperate from the building, so that a door can be forced and then have to be rebuilt.
Obviously you shouldn't be able to put a lock on a building without a door...

Return to “Suggestions”